Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

New article evaluation
 Post subject: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Apr, 2012, 14:36 

User rating: 0
Hello everybody.
I just want to get a little bit more information, exactly how the Quality points gained?
I wrote an article at the first of april. That was sunday, i didn't know about the news. I have got 56points, OK.
But then, i learnt, and read, so I have a second article according to the rules, and I had got only 50points.
Surely it is good, but then how these points gained? I read all the 100points articles, but i don't know.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012, 11:06 

User rating: 94
Hi Lincoln:

Well, this is the first month with that quality avaliation... I supose that points are given by Dukascopy Team when you submit the article and they avail it...

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012, 14:27 

Hello.
Thx your answer.
How can I use Bold style?
I bolded the titles and the keywords, but when i submit the article these disappear, my articles don't contain bold style at all, do you know what I did wrong?

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012, 00:13 

Hi Lincoln:

Hmmm, no ideia, sorry... Maybe Dukascopy Support may have something to say.

EDIT: you save it as draft first ? If not, try it, see if if bold is ok and post it after.

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012, 21:37 

Thx you kind answers, i wish you the bests.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 16 Apr, 2012, 23:15 

User rating: 1
Hi Lincoln.

The quality evaluation is made purely by Dukascopy Team based only on technical aspects. They look into the style you wrote your article with, also grammar, if you group the parts according to logical sense and order. Quality of graphic elements also counts. Putting many ClipArt drawings won't help from April.
I read both your articles and first thing I notice is that there is visual mess. You do not use available space to finish sentences. You do not add titles or do not use bold to specify which parts are more important than others. This would make reading much easier IMO. I will not say anything about quality of the "material" itself because I am not a judge. You did not use any chart/graphic. Especially when I read something about technical analysis or HOW TO, I expect some charts. In other words there is not much live in the articles.
But remember, I wish you all the best and this was just my opinion on how you may improve your quality score. I do not have 100% confidence that it will but just might ;)

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012, 11:39 

Hello.
Thanx your reply, well, I think you are absolutely right. I had some trouble with attaching pictures, and the bold style, well, there also had some trouble :D, but it is on my way, and I also wish all the best for you, I have read your articles, and those are excellent.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012, 16:16 

Is the ranking based on AVERAGE score of all submitted articles or is it based on TOTAL score of all submitted articles? I understood that it was the latter but today the ranking suddenly changed to what appears to be a ranking based on average score. I looked at the rules and the text can be interpreted either way. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012, 16:28 

User rating: 1
Nice change on Averaging of the scores, it makes the contest much fairer (even though it moved me down 5) but it makes it more interesting.

Good job.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012, 17:00 

I agree with Adrian. Average score probably has fewer flaws.

I'm just a bit bewildered; did the rules of the game just change mid-game?

It obviously does make a difference how the ranking is calculated. A user who is fortunate and skilled to get awarded 100 points for quality on his/her first article has no incentive to make further contributions in the current contest period. This is fine, in my opinion, but does Dukascopy not thrive to get users to contribute more rather than less?

In general, the problem - in my humble view - is that the quality points have too high a weight in relation to peer reviews. I know that Dukascopy tries to work out a formula that makes the competition attractive and fair. Here is a suggestion: Give the participants in the trader contest an opportunity to earn 5 or 10 extra points by submitting a vote in the article contest. That way you will drive hundreds of additional users over to the article site.

All in all this is a fantastic initiative, great fun - thanks Dukascopy.

Post subject: Re: New article evaluation Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012, 21:31 

Hi Dukascopy Team and all community:

I agree to with new classification model, it's more fair to people who submit less articles. I always say that quantity don't mean quality... But still say, that popularity don't mean quality too as that can be manipulated with friends, spam, etc.

For good, Dukascopy Team have the last word on that.

Great work Dukascopy Team.

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com