Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Sugestion for article library
 Post subject: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sun 25 Mar, 2012, 12:01 

User rating: 94
Dear Duskascopy team and all community:

The article library is getting big and is difficult to find one article lets supose, by a specific theme. The tags system don't help too much. We can only find it browsing all library. I suggest we can define one category or more to each article made. For example: market analyses, trading strategies, trading psicology, JForex, JForex API, Strategy code, Indicator code, personal toughts, beginner, pro, advanced, etc...

That way we can focus on theme we want and find only the related articles in a easiest way.

It's all for now.

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Mar, 2012, 08:56 

User rating: 0
Excellent suggestion jlongo.

I think categorizing articles will definitely help the article contest to grow quickly as lot of traders will treat the library as a one stop shop for all trading ideas..

Also I am going through all your articles. Really appreciate your enthusiasm. Keep it up.

Regards
Positive

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Mar, 2012, 09:55 

Greetings

Thankyou Positive for your support :D

Yes, that can help to get ideias, but also to see if nobody have made one article with better content than that we want to create (or to create one better).

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sun 06 May, 2012, 18:29 

User rating: 6
This suggestion needs to be fully supported by the FX community. In fact, it should be supported by Dukascopy, I believe. Otherwise the article contest will be a futile exercise with a pile of useful articles that nobody will look at. Properly catalogued articles which make a neatly organised library that lends itself to easy searches is surely the right way to go. It could be also marketed as a free educational resource to the wider Dukascopy community.

Furthermore, for newcomers to the contest like myself this library like this would be really helpful. Otherwise we may start creating articles for topics that were already covered. While it is generally good to see different points of view I am not sure that readers (one we get to a wider reader base!) would be prepared to read about the same topic many times.

I suggest that Dukascopy create a starting list of categories and authors of the articles categorise the articles at creation. Jose already suggested some categories. The list could be longer or shorter, it doesn’t matter. The important thing is that we start with a list and it will naturally evolve as a need for other categories emerges. If this happens and the category list gets increased, the authors should be responsible for re-categorising articles that are already in the library. This way the library becomes kind of “self-managing” and everyone benefits. Dukascopy wil ont be burdened by any management. Authors themselves will surely be most interested that their articles sit in the right spot.

Dukascopy could also encourage writing of articles for certain categories that get neglected (maybe because they are too demanding) by offering some bonus points or whatever. A lot can be done once things are organised in an orderly fashion.

Hopefully Dukascopy will take this on board. I see no reason why not as I see no negatives. Plus, the work involved for categorising an article is a piece of cake for a seasoned programmer.

All the very best
Robert

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 06 May, 2012, 19:14 

User rating: 3
Hello dear J-longo,

Excellent suggestion. I fully support it.
The categories are clearer then Tags and more helpful for the traders
that want to check out the Dukascopy's Article Contest Library.

I also support Robert's suggestions regarding the self-management
of the categories. I hope the Dukascopy Team will look into this solution.

Best Regards,
Doctortyby - Tiberiu

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 06 May, 2012, 19:56 

Hi Robert, Tiberiu and all Dukascopy community:

Yes some organization in library is urgently needed. Classifying the articles by themes (one article can have more than one classification) is one way to get a better centralized point of information and access it the easiest way. There are many articles that are useful to our community and also to someone who wants to read about it not necessarly a Dukascopy member.

Promoting articles with quality, we can build a reference point to everyone, and if Dukascopy promote a better visibility of the library, with it, he can get some return as being a reference point where new people came to find that information and eventually becomes a Dukascopy member. Something like Dukascopy TV in front page.

This days almost all library audience result from: contestants, contestants fellows and friends, and the ones that came by spam or some affinity with the author. After the contest the articles almost go to oblivion i think. Dukascopy Team, you have the chance to change this and get a better return from it.

Best regards

trade well and good luck

JL

EDIT: i think all themes must be controled by Dukascopy, remove or add new ones with author or community suggestion if needed. If we have the freedom to create cathegories certanly we jump to the problem of tags with any sense. Also makes sense to me that Dukascopy has to have the liberty to change the article classification, as that actually happens in forums.

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012, 15:51 

User rating: 8
jlongo wrote:
Dear Duskascopy team and all community:

The article library is getting big and is difficult to find one article lets supose, by a specific theme. The tags system don't help too much. We can only find it browsing all library. I suggest we can define one category or more to each article made. For example: market analyses, trading strategies, trading psicology, JForex, JForex API, Strategy code, Indicator code, personal toughts, beginner, pro, advanced, etc...

That way we can focus on theme we want and find only the related articles in a easiest way.

It's all for now.

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

In this case we will need to categorize all the existing articles. We will think about it as currently the library has become quite impressive.

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 May, 2012, 07:27 

User rating: 6
My suggestion for solving the issue of the current unclassified articles:

• Create one category called Unclassified (or something similar).
• Send an email to every author of the article inviting them to classify the articles.

I am sure that many articles will be classified. For those articles that don’t get classified by the author the situation stays as now. Nobody loses with this approach, we can all only gain.

Post subject: Re: Sugestion for article library Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 May, 2012, 10:29 

I'm about suggesting something similar, but they need to change the security settings to allow us , authors, to do the classification change. Let's wait to see what way Dukascopy may surprise us :)

Hmmm i need to change my last words :lol:

Write well and good luck!

JL

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com