Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Self commenting on Article contest
 Post subject: Self commenting on Article contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Mar, 2012, 23:25 

User rating: 8
Dear Dukascopy Article Team,

I am surprised today after seeing rule violation of fair play. I have observed it from last week. It has one point of self commenting. I see in few articles comment, one person has given too many comments, and every day they come and provide one comment. Apart from this, for every comment, writing "Thanks", it is also self commenting and senseless. Isn't it? If someone has asked a question, then providing an answer in comment section, I understand that it is good practice.

I welcome for the new rule set from April'12 onward. However, my suggestion is to review those article as per now, which is violating those rules (I do not want to say any name here, otherwise it would be person to person fight). Due to this reason, I think most of the article is not able to get that point or view, which they should get. However, I also understand that, our expert team will make final decision, but that time isn't be too late to add some popularity point to articles.

I hope, you will understand this fact and inform those participants to stop self-commenting.

Thanks,
Drishti (Santosh Kumar )

Post subject: Re: Self commenting on Article contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Mar, 2012, 04:17 

User rating: 94
maybe Dukascopy have to look at private msg and comments in other player trades for voting/commenting articles with short urls and all too

Nice weekend to all

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: Self commenting on Article contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Mar, 2012, 15:56 

User rating: 1
Also, I reckon that the Author's comments shouldn't count towards popularity.

I know that the Popularity weighting are gonig to change soon, but i think this needs to be implemented.

I have, and will be first to admit it, Commented on my articles many times but this is just to update the article. I don't see a problem with commenting in that instance but IT CAN'T count otherwise it can be taken out of hand.

just my thoughts,

good luck all.

Adrian

Post subject: Re: Self commenting on Article contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Mar, 2012, 16:05 

AdrianWS wrote:
Also, I reckon that the Author's comments shouldn't count towards popularity.

I know that the Popularity weighting are gonig to change soon, but i think this needs to be implemented.

I have, and will be first to admit it, Commented on my articles many times but this is just to update the article. I don't see a problem with commenting in that instance but IT CAN'T count otherwise it can be taken out of hand.

just my thoughts,

good luck all.

Adrian

AdrianWS,

I agree with your point. Self commenting in article by Author should not be counted as popularity. It is also a good point to make Duakscopy system more advanced to calculate popularity point. And Apart from this, if any viewer add comments more than once, system should recognize it, and not increase popularity point.

What do you say?

Post subject: Re: Self commenting on Article contest Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Mar, 2012, 12:03 

Greetings and thanks for the report.

We will run some cleaning procedures and also perform some disciplinary actions today.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com