Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Article Contest extremely manipulatable
 Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Mar, 2012, 09:53 

User rating: -
Look at following scenario:
You wrote some articles and you've invested a lot of time
At the End of the month you see, that no one is reading your article...
What do you do? Just think, jehaa I've invested 10 hours for my articles and that is all for the cat... Great, next month I'll try it again and tell everybody my idea, setup, strategy, etc etc...

Sorry but without promoting, good articles are not seen by anybody, because others try it with fake accounts, friend accounts, writing same text under every article, etc. etc....

So how would you feel in this case?

Perhaps dukascopy could advertise them on their main website or at the trader contest page

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Mar, 2012, 21:00 

User rating: 0
well i don't want to comment about contestant that get 'huge' support.,( sure i don't want look likes jealous :lol: hahaha.. )

i do, i really want to get the prize, and taste how it feels trading in professional broker just like dukascopy, but more than that i've just realize something after follow this contest, and that's really valuable for me cos right now i still writing my book..(there are not much book about forex in my country so i want to make one for them, hope i could finish it)

to follow this contest just awesome for me, no time to argue and debating about 'cheating' cos there are already 'jury' in here..keep writing and writing..

have a good trade and keep writing,

java.

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Mar, 2012, 19:11 

User rating: 1
Guest wrote:
andrew_d wrote:
What to do in case if other contestants keep spamming my mailbox with messages asking for help and votes? Is it abusive behavior?

why don't dukascopy change the plan from the current 10:1 view to 1:10 community view? the more outsiders view the articles, the more points one will get. this will reduce the spamming as well as increase the outside view of the dukascopy site with others.

Firstly, This didn't work, some people "paid" for views and had 20,000+ and it was just ridiculous.

Secondly Does anyone else suspect something with ptc00 and his 650 views, seems a bit high don't ya think?

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Mar, 2012, 10:25 

User rating: 8
He's a bit banned :)

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 24 Mar, 2012, 03:06 

Guest wrote:

Now that article contest is matured with about 400 articles in the library and all the articles can be grouped under 4-6 categories like emotions in trading/trading psychology, technical analysis, trading strategies, fundamental news break up, etc and I see a lot of articles under psychology and trading analysis. So, you may give more points to articles which are not covered in the past. Higher the articles under a group lower the points to that article. It will make people think of different topics to write.

You may quantify the articles on the basis of the subject of the article, presentation style, depth of the matter covered to name a few.

I also observed that easy way to fill the contest every week is the technical analysis since more articles will increase the popularity and views points and at least 5 authors wrote their analysis last month. It’s a pity that what ever they said in the article they never implemented it in the trading and most of them have blown up their account. You may check the article with the author’s trading in the contest before evaluating. He need not be on top 10 but at least be in the positive side. I do understand that both the article and trading contest are different but when they write about analysis, they should follow their own words to get better marks. As an idiom goes, “it is easier said than done” people write what ever they want and don’t follow it in the trading contest. I think most of the authors participate in the trader contest also.

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 24 Mar, 2012, 03:32 

I think my last message did not appear because I selected comment option.Hence reproducing my reply.

First of all my many thanks to Dukascopy team and all my colleagues. I am having a wonderful time with each one of you.

Though I agree personally that one should be able to implement practically whatever he says ( If you see my latest article, I have given live trade examples of the described strategy ), in general, It is an unfair statement to say that "An author should implement his strategies in trader contest and do well ". It is saying like a commentator of formula one race should also be good in racing!!. World has different people with different skills and different mindsets and each one has their field.

Take my example. I finished with 68th rank last month. I was in top 50 for the first 2.5 weeks this month with a capital increasing by 1.5 times. My intention was to finish in top 10. Since I have multiple commitments to handle with I cannot monitor my positions continuously. As a result just 3 high leveraged trades which went against me took a toll and my rank and equity goes deep below.

Trading contest is a serious job and needs attention, commitment and devotion. Though all the 3 contests go together, please let us not link them on uncommon parameters.

I believe Dukascopy team approves what I said here.

Regards
Positive

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 25 Mar, 2012, 10:25 

I feel sorry for you positive :( . I can understand how bad it feels when you lose the entire amount.

First of all, that statement was made by some guest and Dukascopy never bothered to reply to that message which means they ignored his suggestion. In fact, you don’t need to trade what you said in the article because market is dynamic and it’s impacted by a lot of external fundamental news. But, your mentioning of “Hence it becomes my obligation to show that the strategies I describe here work in real time and even I do take plenty of profit from them” in article suggests that you were mentally prepared to challenge him. But seems like you lost the challenge. :oops:

I read your article and analyzed your 3 days trading for nearly an hour and found where you went wrong.
    You made analysis of 1.EUR/USD 2.GBP/USD 3.AUD/USD 4.USD/CHF 5.EUR/JPY but traded entirely different pairs. (You never planned the pairs you traded but were blindly traded)
    You were bullish on aud/usd in the article and went on to short that pair in trading contest. (Supporting the statement - people write what ever they want and don’t follow it in the trading contest.)
    You showed bad money management strategies by setting maximum allowed stop loss and waited for that to trigger instead of cutting the loss in short. (booking 60 pips profit in usd/jpy and letting 90 pips stop loss to hit in the same pair)

As you said, “trading contest is a serious job and needs attention, commitment and devotion;” :!: no one forces you to take any trades if you can’t monitor them. Now you are crying foul. By you doing so, you are proving that the guy who wrote that statement is right.

Well, these discussions have given me an idea :idea: for next week article and until then please wait……..

Regards,
Adiga

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Mar, 2012, 00:00 

Hi, can I post a new article for this week? From 26 to 30 of March?

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Mar, 2012, 12:22 

Hi Nagaraja,

No1 : Please note that as a member and well wisher of Dukascopy trading community I have left my opinion. I just laugh when one makes a statement like “I can understand how bad it feels when you lose the entire amount”. Being an experienced trader, I should not react to this kind of statements.

No2: If the article contest is linked to Trader contest how many new comers will come forward to write an article? How many traders or individuals have time to both trade and write an article ? What all I said was “linking of trading contest to article contest will discourage more people from participating” . It was just an opinion and Dukascopy Team is the best judge to decide whether my opinions are valid.

No3: I always believed that what all we write (especially with reference to strategies) should be practically doable ( Further, its entirely is my individual opinion)there is no change in my stand. Please note that every one carries their own belief and styles. Instead of dictating others ,we should respect each other in this respect.
Of course in my analysis I was bullish on AU. That does not mean when I get a short signal ,an opportunity ,I should not take it. As simple as that.

No4: Challenge, lost challenge, crying foul, blindly traded, I write whatever I want in article contest etc are your individual perception and hence I do not want to comment on that. If some one tries hard to degrade some one else, I humbly wish them “god bless you”.

Yes.More than a trader I am a humble student of a market and Dukascopy Trading Community. Each day I learn at both the places. At the same time, as a human being I make mistakes due to my own compulsions and circumstances. I heartily agree and accept that. No shy. Neither one need to. That is part of this game and I take it in to my stride.

No5: Please note that Every one has a right and freedom to express their opinions but it should be in a respectable language .That’s what I believe in and follow.It is up to each individual to decide how they regard this.

No 6: I kept my nickname as positive because I believe in positive things. I love this community and I always tried and try to contribute whatever little I can. As well here I have so many wonderful trading colleagues I feel lucky for that. Hence it is better to spend time on what we enjoy rather than what we don’t. Having said that I will not react to this kind of posts in the future.Also this will be my last reply with regard to this topic.

Time only will answer any other questions you have.

My humblest request .. There is no one big or small here. We are all here for a common objective. Hence lets respect and regard each other. Please ..please ...please... lets not turn this lovely place in to showcasing our egoistic intentions.

Dear Dukascopy Article Contest support team,

Pardon me for participating in such unpleasant discussion. I joined this community with pure intention, beliefs and objectives to do some worthy things. I do enjoy every moment here. When one makes such open allegations, I was compelled to reply.

Regards
Positive

Post subject: Re: Article Contest extremely manipulatable Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 16 Apr, 2012, 23:08 

Guest wrote:

Sorry but without promoting, good articles are not seen by anybody, because others try it with fake accounts, friend accounts, writing same text under every article, etc. etc....

I must agree. There are video CHECK UPS with trader contest, why not making similar with article and strategy contest? Nothing big, because we all know that trader contest is the one occupied by most users. But maybe first 3 users in both contest. Fast summary of the articles and strategies used. That would IMHO serve the purpose.
What do you think?

Cheers.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com