Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

how is view points calculated?
 Post subject: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 Jan, 2012, 12:52 

User rating: -
I observe that tdurai's article is viewed by 197 and adrianWS article is viewed by 310. but tdurai has got maximum points while adrian has got only 81 points.

could you please inform about the point calculation structure?

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 Jan, 2012, 15:59 

Yeah I noticed that as well, but It is because Adrian Advertises outside of dukascopy with his twitter account and his followers look at it, where as others use dukascopy to advertise and a dukascopy member viewing an article counts as 1 where as non-duka member is 1/10 of a view. This was because a few months ago, people spammed it with views and got 10,000+ views in days so they had to make it fairer. Personally I think dukascopy expert review should be weighted even more so. 50 for views 100 for popularity and 150 for duka review.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 Jan, 2012, 18:10 

User rating: 0
Article popularity calculation gives 10 times more weightage to logged in viewers.

Based on above premises, it seems adrianWS is bringing more article visitors from outside of Dukascopy community, while tdurai84 article is likely to be more popular within dukascopy community (i.e. logged in viewers), hence the popularity score is higher for tdurai84. i.e. tdurai84's 197 viewers may equal 1970 view points, while 310 views at adrianWS's article still gets 310 view points.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012, 06:26 

Nice explanation ritesh!

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012, 11:28 

ritesh wrote:
Article popularity calculation gives 10 times more weightage to logged in viewers.

Based on above premises, it seems adrianWS is bringing more article visitors from outside of Dukascopy community, while tdurai84 article is likely to be more popular within dukascopy community (i.e. logged in viewers), hence the popularity score is higher for tdurai84. i.e. tdurai84's 197 viewers may equal 1970 view points, while 310 views at adrianWS's article still gets 310 view points.

i don't think so ritesh. last month you had about 1700 visitors. but i know u must have brought in 15k visitors to your articles through facebook and other sources. but system showed only 1700 means the 10:1 visitor ratio is already taken care of before they show the visitor views.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 08 Jan, 2012, 21:26 

There is one ting that I've noticed that doesn't fit into anything anyone has said.

If you look at daddypapi's views, as I type he has 31 views

Adrian's has 348 so even if ALL of those views aren't from dukascopy that would mean he has the equivalent of 34.8 Dukascopy people but of course there are at least 15 from the people who've commented and liked etc.

So how does it work becuase even if you upper band DaddyPapi's you only get 310 points and if you lower band Adrian's you get a minimum of 348 so by the system described AdrianWS should at least have 84 points instead of 80.

Can a dukascopy worker who FULLY understands this please explain to me,

thanks

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012, 18:48 

Ok so adrianws has 429 views and nagarja has 17 views yet he is no.4 in top views and adrian is no.15. EVEN if ALL of adrianWS is from external places then its STILL 43.9 while nagarja's is MAX of 17.

Plus there must be more than 43.9 for adrian as he has people commenting on it so.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012, 19:05 

Also DaddyPapi's forecast for EURO GBP, USD CHF & EURO USD has 2 views (TWO) yet has 5 more duka points than adrians VSA article with 376 views

But adrianws's article at 12 has 376 views (a MINIMUM of 37.6 Duka views)

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012, 19:47 

Guest wrote:
..means the 10:1 visitor ratio is already taken care of before they show the visitor views..

No, the visit count seems to remain as is (i.e. shows total number of visitors), however the scores are calculated in back-end to reflect article popularity on score board.

Guest wrote:
Also DaddyPapi's forecast for EURO GBP, USD CHF & EURO USD has 2 views (TWO) yet has 5 more duka points than adrians VSA article with 376 views

//IMAGE//

I see your point, Guest!.. DaddyPapi's articles are of high quality from the very beginning of this contest, so the higher scores may mean that Dukascopy has implemented Karma System :idea: which is quite common across internet forums/discussion boards (i.e. articles of authors who get top score by Dukascopy contest committee every month will be getting higher visitor weightage in future months). Well, I'm just guessing here :) So let's wait for more responses to your great catch.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012, 20:46 

ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:
..means the 10:1 visitor ratio is already taken care of before they show the visitor views..

No, the visit count seems to remain as is (i.e. shows total number of visitors), however the scores are calculated in back-end to reflect article popularity on score board.

Guest wrote:

//IMAGE//

I see your point, Guest!.. DaddyPapi's articles are of high quality from the very beginning of this contest, so the higher scores may mean that Dukascopy has implemented Karma System :idea: which is quite common across internet forums/discussion boards (i.e. articles of authors who get top score by Dukascopy contest committee every month will be getting higher visitor weightage in future months). Well, I'm just guessing here :) So let's wait for more responses to your great catch.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

lol!!!!!!!!!!

karma points?????????? what's that. there is nothing like that in the rules. then how can they implement it?

i bet you will never have 1700 logged dukascopy members visit to your article. and if they dont implement the 10:1 ratio in the views, then it would've been bigger in your articles last month

if your explanation of karma points is to be true, then no one will ever be able to gain more points than you becuase of your winnings in the past. that really looks stupid for me.

i wonder why dukascopy support people are nto ready to answer this query.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2012, 10:18 

User rating: 8
Greetings,

we looked into this issue. Appears that you still see just the total sum of visitors but the ranks are calculated according to the scheme that was already mentioned in this topic. We will fix it and you will see the "edited" number of views. Sorry for these confusing numbers!

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2012, 14:29 

Contest Support wrote:
Greetings,

we looked into this issue. Appears that you still see just the total sum of visitors but the ranks are calculated according to the scheme that was already mentioned in this topic. We will fix it and you will see the "edited" number of views. Sorry for these confusing numbers!

No, No. There is no confusion here as views doesn't have too many factors like popularity where 3 rankings are considered. Just wanted to know how it is calculated. is the views shown are after setting 10:1 ratio or is't just raw figure.
if an article has 100 visitors from out side and 20 visits from DFC members, will the "view" show the raw figure of 120 or after the adjustment of outsider/insider and shows 30. This is what my question was.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012, 10:05 

User rating: 8
Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Greetings,

No, No. There is no confusion here as views doesn't have too many factors like popularity where 3 rankings are considered. Just wanted to know how it is calculated. is the views shown are after setting 10:1 ratio or is't just raw figure.
if an article has 100 visitors from out side and 20 visits from DFC members, will the "view" show the raw figure of 120 or after the adjustment of outsider/insider and shows 30. This is what my question was.

The trick is that the ranks are calculated according to "edited" views - that is filtered to registered user views and non-registered user views. But what you saw on putting your mouse pointer on the rank was the raw figure. That caused confusion so we will fix this and most likely the changes will be deployed today.

Post subject: Re: how is view points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012, 20:41 

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Greetings,

The trick is that the ranks are calculated according to "edited" views - that is filtered to registered user views and non-registered user views. But what you saw on putting your mouse pointer on the rank was the raw figure. That caused confusion so we will fix this and most likely the changes will be deployed today.

Dear support,
thanks for the reply. now the problem is solved i.e., i got the answer to my query. i only put it under guest because people should not think my intention is to get popularity from other means. you have been wonderful all through days. please keep up your work.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com