Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Suggestion
 Post subject: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Dec, 2011, 15:27 

User rating: -
Hey,

Just thought I could add a suggestion to the article contest. There are some articles like hakalas (which I do like) but the comments are predominately by the same few people. Now I don't suggest they are fraudulent but they do have near conversations in the comments. This lead me to think that each member should be allowed maybe a max of 3 comments per article as this, in my opinion is more fair.

Just a thought.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Dec, 2011, 21:48 

Hello.
Thank you :)

I think popularity should not play any role in contest standings, because like in my case, yes, same people are posting comments.

Most articles are not even read, and thay are commented and Liked.

I think Dokascopy should be the only judge.

Best regards from Slovenia.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 25 Dec, 2011, 02:03 

Thanks for moving this thread to the right place.

Plus after doing some more research I have found 2 other things that need slight improvements;

1. On some people's article and I am going to be blunt such as Ritesh's article (I also have nothing against him and am sure he doesn't mean to do it) that has almost 1/2 the comments from himself. This leads me to think that comments fromvthe author shouldn't count but can still be shown to answer any queries etc.

2. Currently as I type there are 33 contestants, the bottom 3 accounts on the standings (king of radha, live4trading and King of FX all created their respective accounts uploaded and have never been active since. They wrote the article in the space of a few minutes which leads me to suspect that another contestant has fraudulently created them as to increase the prize pool and unfairly claim prizes.

Thank you for reading this and hope some Dukascopy people can check this out etc.

Even though I am in the top 10 myself I would rather receive the CORRECT amount from writing as opposed to 3% more.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 25 Dec, 2011, 19:00 

User rating: 0
Yeah just look at hakala, his gold article has 50+ comments only from about 3 people, musmus, lolka and himself. This combined with the fact that there are only a 5x number of views shows that its fairly unfair to them.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Dec, 2011, 04:20 

User rating: 0
wow just wow, just look at doctorby's article, he has commented, lets just say A LOT!

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Dec, 2011, 13:33 

masterfxtrader wrote:
wow just wow, just look at doctorby's article, he has commented, lets just say A LOT!

Hello,
I upload my analysis through comments. For every Major Pair. Do you think those comments are useless?.. Or that they are comments that are made for popularity? I have also informed Dukascopy and everybody(traders) that I want to upload my Weekly Analysis through my Article Comments because I am aloud to post only one article per week.

I apologize if I offended anybody, but I wanted to Share My analysis with Dukascopy Traders Comunity. The Feed-Back from the other traders is very important to me. Thank you!

To your Success,
Doctortyby

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Dec, 2011, 16:09 

Doctorly,

I understand why you are doing this now, but if you say it is for analysis, then you wouldn't mind if Dukascopy changed the system to having no points for authors commenting on their own article.

Plus after looking at hakalas articles where he has 40/50+ comments all from a few people and because of this he has 100 points for popularity whereas he has a lot fewer views and this seems very skewed in his favour, so I think Dukascopy should definitely change it for THIS MONTH so that each person only has 3 comments per article that count or something fairer like that.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING DUKASCOPY, people may not be cheating but it's VERY UNFAIR.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Dec, 2011, 22:07 

Guest wrote:
Doctortyby,

I understand why you are doing this now, but if you say it is for analysis, then you wouldn't mind if Dukascopy changed the system to having no points for authors commenting on their own article.

Plus after looking at hakalas articles where he has 40/50+ comments all from a few people and because of this he has 100 points for popularity whereas he has a lot fewer views and this seems very skewed in his favour, so I think Dukascopy should definitely change it for THIS MONTH so that each person only has 3 comments per article that count or something fairer like that.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING DUKASCOPY, people may not be cheating but it's VERY UNFAIR.

I would not mind if comments from authors would not be counted.

I think that Dukascopy Team will make a fair evaluation at the end of the Month, beyond Popularity points, views and comments.

You shouldn't worry so much. Only the good Trading articles will be awarded.

To Your success,
Doctortyby

Post subject: Re: Suggestion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 30 Dec, 2011, 03:29 

Yeah I also reckon hakala is actually cheating, lolka and musmus just seem to be him through different accounts. If not at least very close friends purposely commenting to boost popularity points, as they are all Slovenian and they are always commenting in turn from each other and it seems more than just coincidence.

His view/comment+rate ratio is just ridiculous and he now holds top place in that discipline but nowhere near top in views and it SHOULD correlate firmly.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com