Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

People cheating Again???
 Post subject: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 04 Dec, 2011, 19:57 

User rating: 1
Hey everybody.

I am not sure but it seems to me that on trezx's article the bottom 3 comments are all faked. All the accounts where made at about the same time, they seemed to have only commented and liked her post before never logging in again. Seems a little suspicious doesn't it?

and once again it seems that the top few people have a way larger view count than any other. It would seem to me that if 200+people who visited Ritesh's, at least a large number would visit every one else or a few of them. So therefore if you now have 10:1 external:internal views system, that in fact there have been 2000 views on Ritesh's article.

And finally I haven't checked recently but the top 4 from NOV competition weren't disqualified and are still top when they obviously cheated, but worse again it is the same people as last month that are cheating again this month.

Sorry about that rant but it all seems a little tainted to me.

Adrian.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 04 Dec, 2011, 20:24 

User rating: -
it's weekend dude, what do you want them to trade? and they're not fake, they're fellow traders (i've lived in Japan and China). also it's the first month doing the article so look at my trading history and shut the hell up.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 04 Dec, 2011, 23:25 

Also looking at Ghaieth's article, it has 26 comments, ok. but it is weird how madji creates his account comments 3 times and buggers off. same with hannachi, aminov and adder. Once agian just a weird coincidence or quite possibly cheating.

Just putting it out there for dukascopy to review and do what is necessary.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Dec, 2011, 08:48 

trezx wrote:
it's weekend dude, what do you want them to trade? and they're not fake, they're fellow traders (i've lived in Japan and China). also it's the first month doing the article so look at my trading history and shut the hell up.

Hey no need to get angry I was just suggesting that it looked a bit suspicious that's all. I am sure Dukascopy will agree with you but we will see.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Dec, 2011, 10:50 

User rating: 8
Good morning everyone!

Do not worry, we are monitoring the contest closely, putting all the things down. A couple of users were banned today, some fake comments were deleted.

Keep in mind that when the expert Committee reviews articles they take a look at many things, including purity of comments, behavior of that user, reports filed on him, etc. A user who is not acting fairly will never get excellent marks from the Committee. It turns out that in the end of the month even 1 Dukascopy point can be decisive. We use our rights to award the best authors. If there are two equally nice articles with equal number of points, we give preference to a more honest participant without any doubt.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Dec, 2011, 18:03 

I grant without a beat I promoted my article i Private messages. I did not know that this is a prohibited, it is? honestly I'm still not sure. If yes I'll be polite in future :)

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Dec, 2011, 10:17 

m wrote:
I grant without a beat I promoted my article i Private messages. I did not know that this is a prohibited, it is? honestly I'm still not sure. If yes I'll be polite in future :)

The "Donts" can be found here:

https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/?page=codeOfConduct

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Dec, 2011, 01:34 

User rating: 0
....deleted by poster

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Dec, 2011, 11:40 

ikhall wrote:
Baton down the hatches boys! This one is going to cause a real storm. I found 1 poster, and two articles that have significant portions of their articles or posts plagiarized.

Let's see what they have to say about "their" work!

trzex: Copied, almost word for word, both of his articles this month. The entire article comes from "The Ultimate Trading Guide" by John Hill. George Pruitt, Lundy Hill (1999) it can be found on Google books, and is published by Wiley. Simply copy the first paragraph of his article and search it with Google.

ksalam: "4 stages of a trend" seems to have originally been posted in March 2010 at
https://www.urbanionline.com/winning-str ... f-a-trend/

DEMO2ibHhM: copies word for word his trader blog updates from dailyFX, babypips.com and other sources very regularly.

Sorry guys, but you have got to know it was bound to be discovered sooner or later.

Those articles were deleted. If you notice a violation, please use the special functions to report them. We do not want to have any "witch hunt" on our forum.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Dec, 2011, 18:53 

Dukascopy, I apologize for the using this venue for this. I wasn't aware of a button to report problems of this nature. I thought I had looked everywhere. Please feel free to delete my post if you believe it would keep the harmony in the community.

ikhall

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 11 Dec, 2011, 00:14 

Jesus, Ghaieth is still at it, just look at the last 10 or so comments all people who've made account within 10 minutes, only commented on his article and then buggered off. Please just Ban these people, its obviously cheated. Between 21:06GMT and 21:34GMT he had 13 comments from faked accounts.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 11 Dec, 2011, 00:16 

To continue, Maybe for someone to comment they must have been a member of dukascopy and participated for 1 month or something like that to fairen out the spam of new accounts. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Dec, 2011, 14:40 

Guest wrote:
To continue, Maybe for someone to comment they must have been a member of dukascopy and participated for 1 month or something like that to fairen out the spam of new accounts. Thanks.

Nice suggestion. 8-)

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 Dec, 2011, 17:54 

Guest wrote:
Jesus, Ghaieth is still at it, just look at the last 10 or so comments all people who've made account within 10 minutes, only commented on his article and then buggered off. Please just Ban these people, its obviously cheated. Between 21:06GMT and 21:34GMT he had 13 comments from faked accounts.

The very fact that Ghaieth has 64 comments from 29 visitors show that mass comments are made from one computer only. Dukascopy should review this abuse. :!:

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 Dec, 2011, 00:44 

Perhaps one of the best ways to fight this is to begin commenting heavily on the accounts that don't exhibit this type of behavior. Hint, hint, wink, wink

Just joking. I thought the suggestion about requiring a month long membership make sense. After all, the first posts you make here are checked!

ikhall

Post subject: Re: People cheating Again??? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 Dec, 2011, 11:59 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The very fact that Ghaieth has 64 comments from 29 visitors show that mass comments are made from one computer only. Dukascopy should review this abuse. :!:

Such comments are deleted. You can check the above-mentioned articles to find out how many comments they have now.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com