Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Article contest standing
 Post subject: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Dec, 2011, 08:30 

User rating: -
Today i observe that in article contest already 49 contestant registered but only 5 people on standing because their article is approved. where are others standing ? they should be also come as per profile view .. This will ensure that no one is cheating like ritesh last time. All on a sudden his article published after 20 th november and his profile view is 7 K where others profile view was only few hundred even they had articles since beginning. All the contestant result should be published from the beginning.

as in trader contest like trader contest a position is given to all even if he not trade. so why not similar in article contest ? their rank is after regular trader based on popularity.

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 04 Dec, 2011, 21:00 

User rating: -
In article contest most important factor should be expert evaluation. This is my honest opinion

My humble opinion is...
My primary language is Polish its very difference from English
Don't pay too much attention to small syntax errors :)
(article is not published yet)

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Dec, 2011, 10:52 

User rating: 8
mielec wrote:
In article contest most important factor should be expert evaluation. This is my honest opinion

My humble opinion is...
My primary language is Polish its very difference from English
Don't pay too much attention to small syntax errors :)
(article is not published yet)

Dear mielec, strange it may seem, but this is also the most important factor. You might notice the proof for this argument when the results for November are published.

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Dec, 2011, 19:19 

User rating: 0
guest wrote:
.. This will ensure that no one is cheating like ritesh last time. All on a sudden his article published after 20 th november and his profile view is 7 K where others profile view was only few hundred even they had articles since beginning.

I assume you're pkinluv, who is posting allegations against me on the article comments. While your suggestions are welcomed by all, however not the racism and fake allegations, without any basis.

I've already given answer to your first post regarding point calculation at https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56830#p56830 and the Dukascopy contest committee also audited my visitors and found nothing which breaks the ToS, at https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56812#p56812

However your fake allegations still continued here on this forum and now after your racism filled message:
Image, its time to crush your hatred with some proofs.

Image and
Image and

This is just the Facebook which has more than 2 million viewership, while other social media tools like twitter, myspace, Orkut and RSS feeds based techniques being more people to my articles. Of-course they will be non-registered users. And since registered users now weight more, I'd now have to change my strategy to attract more "registered users", this means little or no more marketing of Dukascopy to new people. I don't like the new change, because I believe this would not only reduce new prospective clients to Dukascopy, it might also increase spam to already registered users via message functionality. Let's see how it goes.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Dec, 2011, 10:16 

@ Ritesh.

Good morning. pkinluv was permanently banned, we do not tolerate such remarks here.

As for your popularity rating, you were fined by the Expert Committee that gave you just 1 point due to the following reason: you had over 2000 non-browser visitors. How can one possibly read an article or study a webpage if he does not even open it in a human-friendly way? There were also plenty of IPs not bound to any geographical location. The timing of clicks does also form patterns that clearly say how those clicks were obtained. Even though your marketing system seems to be brilliant, we cannot ignore the visitors that do not exist but boost the stats.

We will deploy some filters to the view calculation system this month and it should help get rid of fake viewers.

As for your comment about spam - every user can flag any private message as inappropriate. There is a special function for that. If somebody is really spamming, he gets automatically banned.

P.S. I also do not understand why everyone is trying to somehow boost their rating. We see everything and the final standings are anyway up to the Expert evaluation. One can of course try out all the tricks he can come up with but he will be 5, 10 or 20 points ahead. This is worth nothing if he gets 50 expert points but not 90 or 100. This month you will witness that some of the users climbed more than 15 positions just because their articles were very nice.

P.S. 2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma
Remember the game theory. Everyone will get a higher payoff if he cooperates. (i.e. plays fairly in this case)

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Dec, 2011, 21:40 

dukascopy, i am possessing facts, screen pics of some contents in the traders blogs and other place where the writing is full copy/paste and given as original writing. i have contact them and give them chances to talk to dukascopy about this on sunday 11, so they are not lose face with community. i don't want troubles, and i am knowing they read read here. On chance problems come to my account, i want you knowing the problem - one return to me with warnings on my karma - and that i contact them saying to stop and contact you to remove such problem writing. good lucks to traders!

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Dec, 2011, 03:15 

Dear Dukascopy,

Thanks a million for the detailed explanation which immensely helps in focusing on article content, than popularity aspect.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

Post subject: Re: Article contest standing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Dec, 2011, 11:49 

plagerism_is_a_no_no wrote:
dukascopy, i am possessing facts, screen pics of some contents in the traders blogs and other place where the writing is full copy/paste and given as original writing. i have contact them and give them chances to talk to dukascopy about this on sunday 11, so they are not lose face with community. i don't want troubles, and i am knowing they read read here. On chance problems come to my account, i want you knowing the problem - one return to me with warnings on my karma - and that i contact them saying to stop and contact you to remove such problem writing. good lucks to traders!

Greetings.

Can you please be more specific?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com