Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

how is points calculated?
 Post subject: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011, 12:26 

User rating: -
Dear support,
the article contest rules say about popularity:
Popularity - Summary of articles' and participant's popularity. Maximum 100 points, up to 4 articles. Popularity is measured as follows:
Number of unique IP visits to the profile page - 33%
Number of comments made to the Contest articles - 33%
Number of votes for the Contest articles- 33%

Ritesh has a profile view of 7000 and his article has received no comments nor votes but as per the standing, but he's got 100 popularity points.

his article was viewed 2 times today (he uploaded the article today itself) but his article is standing at 4th in "most popular today". how is it?

I think the current computation of rank is not as per the rules and only taking profile views as the only criteria and not taking other conditions of votes and comments or have i not understand how the point table work? can you please explain?

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011, 18:08 

Its really funny that Ritesh is most popular who have posted article just today !!!!!!!!!!!! Total article view = 12 after 14.5 hours of published.

unique Profile view = 7211 in 22 day or 300 + per day so number of views should be at least 20,000......... how fanny everybody his visiting his profile but not viewing his article. 14 hour passed but where are those serious reader who keep coming to his article ??

Ritesh will be increasing his article view from tomorrow.. and you will see thousands of them coming in flash..how ?? Simply technical cheating

Popularity comes after you have done something. But how come you can have 7000 unique visitors but no reader?? I think he is using proxy server or router to change ip or other illegal means to increase his profile view what has nothing to do with article writing and reading but increasing statistics.

Dukascopy is allowing such open cheating... funny competition.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 10:34 

User rating: 8
Annoyed wrote:
Its really funny that Ritesh is most popular who have posted article just today !!!!!!!!!!!! Total article view = 12 after 14.5 hours of published.

unique Profile view = 7211 in 22 day or 300 + per day so number of views should be at least 20,000......... how fanny everybody his visiting his profile but not viewing his article. 14 hour passed but where are those serious reader who keep coming to his article ??

Ritesh will be increasing his article view from tomorrow.. and you will see thousands of them coming in flash..how ?? Simply technical cheating

Popularity comes after you have done something. But how come you can have 7000 unique visitors but no reader?? I think he is using proxy server or router to change ip or other illegal means to increase his profile view what has nothing to do with article writing and reading but increasing statistics.

Ritesh is participating not only in Article Contest, but also in other contest. And he has 1 profile in the Community. Moreover, he is quite a popular user. However, we will look into logs to see if there are any patterns that might tell us that there can be some kind of cheating.

Please note that profile views are just one part of popularity rating. It isn't decisive. Expert Committee's evaluation usually changes standings in top10 quite dramatically. There were cases when nice articles that were located somewhere around the 20th position found themselves even in the top 5 after receiving decent marks and reviews from our Experts.

To sum up - the views/likes/popularity, etc. determine just your preliminary rank. This is all basically meant to create some kind of competitive environment and spread the info about the contests on the Internet.

Should you have any doubts that the results were unfair, please check the top10 after Dukascopy evaluation for the last few months.
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-arti ... nth=201108

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 13:32 

For last 3 months i did find any person who scored 100 from dukascopy expert and he is in Top 10.How is that possible ?

good writers remains unpopular ;) or popular writers are not good writers :mrgreen: ?

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 13:42 

User rating: 0
Guest wrote:
Ritesh has a profile view of 7000 and his article has received no comments nor votes but as per the standing, but he's got 100 popularity points.

his article was viewed 2 times today (he uploaded the article today itself) but his article is standing at 4th in "most popular today". how is it?

I think the current computation of rank is not as per the rules and only taking profile views as the only criteria and not taking other conditions of votes and comments or have i not understand how the point table work? can you please explain?

Dear Guest,

When we participate in Article contest on 25th of every month, profile for next month is generated automatically by Dukascopy system. And since the popularity is dependent on views to profiles as well as views on articles, I start marketing of the profile link immediately (as this does not requires article submission). Hence the views on profile started collecting from 25th October to 21th November, around 7000 and got immediately visible when I posted the article on 21st Nov.

Marketing of Dukascopy web pages is not cheating, however is the only way to win this contest. I'm using same strategy for my IA account with dukascopy to bring new people/clients (https://www.dukascopy.com/ibentry.php?ibref=7426)

Maybe you're new to this contest, however in past months I've shown exactly how I get visitors to my articles, e.g. using Twitter/FB/other Social Media to the fellow participants and winners of article contest. So come on buddy and be confident about your article content, there is still one week left for all of us and I've just started popularizing the article. Dukascopy takes into consideration all factors while final evaluation.

On the closing note, I do think as you mentioned, that visitor score somehow weights more on current rank calculation formula. Maybe Dukascopy try to reduce visitors weight-age, however that might impact motivation of participants to being new people to Dukascopy website. So I recommend no change in current formula.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 13:47 

Dear support,

in the reply you said "Ritesh is participating not only in Article Contest, but also in other contest." well, do you think others don't participate in trader or strategy contest? why is their profile not get added to the profile visit here?

could you please explain what is profile the link which is counted?

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 13:57 

ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

When we participate in Article contest on 25th of every month, profile for next month is generated automatically by Dukascopy system. And since the popularity is dependent on views to profiles as well as views on articles, I start marketing of the profile link immediately (as this does not requires article submission). Hence the views on profile started collecting from 25th October to 21th November, around 7000 and got immediately visible when I posted the article on 21st Nov.

Marketing of Dukascopy web pages is not cheating, however is the only way to win this contest. I'm using same strategy for my IA account with dukascopy to bring new people/clients (https://www.dukascopy.com/ibentry.php?ibref=7426)

Maybe you're new to this contest, however in past months I've shown exactly how I get visitors to my articles, e.g. using Twitter/FB/other Social Media to the fellow participants and winners of article contest. So come on buddy and be confident about your article content, there is still one week left for all of us and I've just started popularizing the article. Dukascopy takes into consideration all factors while final evaluation.

On the closing note, I do think as you mentioned, that visitor score somehow weights more on current rank calculation formula. Maybe Dukascopy try to reduce visitors weight-age, however that might impact motivation of participants to being new people to Dukascopy website. So I recommend no change in current formula.

Sincerely,
Ritesh

why do you read only a part of the content ritesh? read in full.

i clearly said; as per the rules, profile views should take only 33% of the total popularity points but the current points is not taking any votes and comments while computing the popularity points.

my query was how can an article which has only 2 views becomes most popular today? will others articles have been visited less than 2 that day?

i was trying showcase the problem with the computation method.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 17:08 

Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Ritesh

i clearly said; as per the rules, profile views should take only 33% of the total popularity points but the current points is not taking any votes and comments while computing the popularity points.

my query was how can an article which has only 2 views becomes most popular today? will others articles have been visited less than 2 that day?

Excuse me, but profile views is exactly 33% of popularity rating, we checked and double-checked the source code today and relaunched all the calculation scripts.

We also made the requested inquiry in Ritesh's profile view statistics. The visits happened from different IPs, different browsers, different Operating systems on different dates. There were no particular patterns that would make us suspect some cheating or bought clicks.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 20:34 

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Ritesh

Excuse me, but profile views is exactly 33% of popularity rating, we checked and double-checked the source code today and relaunched all the calculation scripts.

We also made the requested inquiry in Ritesh's profile view statistics. The visits happened from different IPs, different browsers, different Operating systems on different dates. There were no particular patterns that would make us suspect some cheating or bought clicks.

BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!! i am sorry to say this.
i beg you to recheck it as per your rules.

i am not here to win but only to help other traders get the clue from our effort.

YOUR RULES SAY:
33% of the weightage is to profile view. rithesh win that

next 33% is for the vote. how many votes did he receive?

last 33% is for comment. "same as above".

then too he received 100 popularity vote. [here i am seriously disappointed] THIS IS THE MAIN POINT. you say something in rules and give something else in points table.

if you think we authors are here for your winning amount, sorry, that's nothing for us.
we want the contest to be "as you say TRANSPARENT" else we are out of the contest.

I PROMISE YOU.

i have nothing personal against any of the contestants here. whether X or Y or Z wins, nothing bothers me. when you layout some rules, i only want every one to follow it or don't set any rules. i really love your efforts to make the dukascopy community a great place to hang out but don't make it hang oneself up.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011, 20:39 

Annoyed wrote:

I dont think rithesh would involve in such a cheap techniques. After all he's from a country with a billion population and getting 7k visits is not impossible.

even if a trader from India works an hour a day, he can comfortably gain that hits to his page.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011, 09:43 

Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Ritesh

i am not here to win but only to help other traders get the clue from our effort.

YOUR RULES SAY:

then too he received 100 popularity vote. [here i am seriously disappointed] THIS IS THE MAIN POINT. you say something in rules and give something else in points table.

if you think we authors are here for your winning amount, sorry, that's nothing for us.
we want the contest to be "as you say TRANSPARENT" else we are out of the contest.

I PROMISE YOU.

i have nothing personal against any of the contestants here. whether X or Y or Z wins, nothing bothers me. when you layout some rules, i only want every one to follow it or don't set any rules. i really love your efforts to make the dukascopy community a great place to hang out but don't make it hang oneself up.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I repeat that all the calculation algorithms were checked and rechecked yesterday. They are correct. In a few words, it works like this:
X- popularity rating
v- views
c - comments
r - rates

We range all the users according to each category, so there are basically 3 tops under popularity. X = points for v + points for c + points for r
The users are then sorted according to this sum and given 100, 95, etc. points.

There was only one thing with synchronization that we needed to fix. (the 3 components of popularity were calculated at different times and were synchronized basically once a day. Now it is happening hourly).

But again, please check all the tables yourself, should you have any doubt.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011, 18:55 

Guest wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

I dont think rithesh would involve in such a cheap techniques. After all he's from a country with a billion population and getting 7k visits is not impossible.

even if a trader from India works an hour a day, he can comfortably gain that hits to his page.

7k visit is not impossible. Ritesh said he was marketing since start of competion or 25 th last month. But what he was marketing ? he had no articles for the competition.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011, 20:18 

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Ritesh

YOUR RULES SAY:

I PROMISE YOU.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I repeat that all the calculation algorithms were checked and rechecked yesterday. They are correct. In a few words, it works like this:
X- popularity rating
v- views
c - comments
r - rates

We range all the users according to each category, so there are basically 3 tops under popularity. X = points for v + points for c + points for r

There was only one thing with synchronization that we needed to fix. (the 3 components of popularity were calculated at different times and were synchronized basically once a day. Now it is happening hourly).

Dear Dukascopy support,

i am sorry for the unparliamentary words i used.

i never checked the points before making the comments. when i checked the popularity points previously, it was taking only profile view as main consideration so ritesh was on top. but you took proper measures later on and everything was in order. but i failed to read them. it was my mistake.

i didn't want to hurt anyone's feeling but only wanted to give everyone a fair chance.

i really feel sorry for my words.

Post subject: Re: how is points calculated? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Nov, 2011, 09:29 

Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,
Ritesh

YOUR RULES SAY:

I PROMISE YOU.

Dear Sir/Madam,

X- popularity rating
v- views
c - comments
r - rates

Dear Dukascopy support,

i am sorry for the unparliamentary words i used.

i never checked the points before making the comments. when i checked the popularity points previously, it was taking only profile view as main consideration so ritesh was on top. but you took proper measures later on and everything was in order. but i failed to read them. it was my mistake.

i didn't want to hurt anyone's feeling but only wanted to give everyone a fair chance.

i really feel sorry for my words.

Dear Sir,

everything is totally fine. No hard feelings. The main thing is that thanks to this thread we tuned the synchronization so that the points are displayed more adequately, being fully refreshed on the hourly basis, but not partly as it was before. So actually, your complaint about Ritesh's rank was very helpful as in future users are not going to be confused with how the points are displayed.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com