Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Spammers
 Post subject: Spammers Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Sep, 2011, 09:36 

User rating: 0
It's interesting if it is possible to ban spammers from a contest or at least do not allow to send private messages. I'm getting private messages promoting their articles. I do not want to get these, especially two or three at a time.

Post subject: Re: Spammers Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Sep, 2011, 19:08 

User rating: 3
adask wrote:
It's interesting if it is possible to ban spammers from a contest or at least do not allow to send private messages. I'm getting private messages promoting their articles. I do not want to get these, especially two or three at a time.

In my opinion, it's okay for Article Contestants to send private messages to other Dukascopy community member.

What I understand is that the purpose of Dukascopy Article Contest is to encourage people to share their creativity, expertise, ideas with people within Dukascopy Community, as well as elsewhere, so that people would benefit from these Articles and become better traders. If a Dukascopy Member is weak in some area such as Trade Plan and Risk Management and he/she gets a private message from Article Contestant about his article on Trade Plan and Risk Management, he/she will review that article because it would benefit him/her.

However, the same Dukascopy Member get a private message from another Article Contestant about Gold – Safe Haven, he/she may not be interested in this article as he/she is not following commodities and only concentrating on currencies. That member could simply delete that private message and doesn’t necessarily have to review that article. How many spam emails we get everyday, do we open each of them or only the ones, which is of interest to us.

The bottom line is, if Article Contestant doesn’t market their Article, than what's the purpose of writing these articles, when very few people are aware of it and out of those very few will read it.

I too get lot of private messages from people, who want me to review their article or visit their profile and comment on their trades etc. However, it's my choice whether I visit that member’s page or delete the message.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Spammers Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Sep, 2011, 08:29 

Dear Alifari,
I believe that you do not know international law about spamming. Spam is spam. And if I am not asking for such an information, I shouldn't get it. I am reading almost all articles. Everyone can go to contest articles and read. Why to send trash to private messaging? And those private messages are very poor quality. They like to send the same message more then one time.

Post subject: Re: Spammers Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Sep, 2011, 12:43 

User rating: 8
adask wrote:
Dear Alifari,
I believe that you do not know international law about spamming. Spam is spam. And if I am not asking for such an information, I shouldn't get it. I am reading almost all articles. Everyone can go to contest articles and read. Why to send trash to private messaging? And those private messages are very poor quality. They like to send the same message more then one time.

We are striving to react to all kind of spam messages sent via private messages functionality.

Participants noticed in spamming either receive a warning about the prohibited nature of those activities (for the 1st time), or get banned from the community in case of further ignorance of the warning.

Post subject: Re: Spammers Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Sep, 2011, 06:00 

Thank you support! Article contest support is much better then strategy contest support.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com