Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

popularity
 Post subject: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011, 08:54 

User rating: -
What is the difference between "view" which is a separate column in points and "profile views" under popularity points?

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011, 09:24 

User rating: 0
Guest wrote:
What is the difference between "view" which is a separate column in points and "profile views" under popularity points?

Views: views on your article/articles (unique)
Profile views: views on your profile (again, unique)

Hope it helps.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011, 10:44 

Thanks for clarifying ritesh.
why should it be repeated.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011, 15:26 

You're welcome.

Technically it's not having any repetition.

Article views are kept separate, while profile views are combined with likes and comments on articles to judge overall popularity.

What else criterion Dukascopy can add to judge the articles automatically? Any ideas?

Maybe Dukascopy should add "category" to articles. For example, we be allowed to give a category to the article. Anyone who has covered all the categories should be awarded 10 extra points or a star badge showing the reputation/expertise. Categories can be: General, Technical, Fundamental, Risk Management, Trading Systems, etc..

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Sep, 2011, 18:51 

ritesh wrote:
You're welcome.

Article views are kept separate, while profile views are combined with likes and comments on articles to judge overall popularity.

What else criterion Dukascopy can add to judge the articles automatically? Any ideas?

Maybe Dukascopy should add "category" to articles. For example, we be allowed to give a category to the article. Anyone who has covered all the categories should be awarded 10 extra points or a star badge showing the reputation/expertise. Categories can be: General, Technical, Fundamental, Risk Management, Trading Systems, etc..

IMO, the current way of points is foolish. what's the difference between profit view and article view? while sharing the link with others i would prefer sharing my profile page than the article page. the visitors will be landed in my profile and then navigate to my article which will increase both my profile view as well as article view.

I think dukascopy support will take some time out of their busy schedule and reply to this.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Sep, 2011, 08:35 

User rating: 8
Guest wrote:
ritesh wrote:
You're welcome.

IMO, the current way of points is foolish. what's the difference between profit view and article view? while sharing the link with others i would prefer sharing my profile page than the article page. the visitors will be landed in my profile and then navigate to my article which will increase both my profile view as well as article view.

I think dukascopy support will take some time out of their busy schedule and reply to this.

You might see some changes in the calculation system during the next month or two. The current system was created in that way to encourage community members take part in more than one contest. This is why "profile views" are still a criterion.

However, should you have any suggestions or recommendations, feel free to express them in this forum. We are really looking forward to such feedback from the users.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Sep, 2011, 22:58 

User rating: 3
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hope it helps.

I have a question, would appreciate if somebody clarify it.

If a person (who is not a forex community member) view my Article Profile Page first and then click on my actual Article. Will i get 1 Point under Views & additional 1 Point under Profile Views OR it's going to be just 1 Point.

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 10 Sep, 2011, 10:54 

Ali,

I believe two points, one each to profile page and article page, if the visitor is unique. However let Dukascopy confirm the same.

Post subject: Re: popularity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011, 14:10 

User rating: 8
alifari wrote:
ritesh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hope it helps.

I have a question, would appreciate if somebody clarify it.

If a person (who is not a forex community member) view my Article Profile Page first and then click on my actual Article. Will i get 1 Point under Views & additional 1 Point under Profile Views OR it's going to be just 1 Point.

Thanks,

In this case you will get both the profile view points and the article view points.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com