Dukascopy Support Board
http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/

General Discussion and Comments
http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=40195
Page 1 of 2

Author:  API Support [ Wed 20 Jul, 2011, 14:47 ]
Post subject:  General Discussion and Comments

General Discussion and Comments

Author:  Article Posted [ Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 05:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Good morning,

I would like to withdraw the article that was posted. It was incomplete and was accidentally posted while I was trying to upload and image.

Thanks

DaddyPapi

Author:  Contest Support [ Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 08:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Good morning.

your article has been deleted and you can try uploading it again. You can find help on this issue in this forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=41711

Author:  test [ Thu 18 Aug, 2011, 00:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Hi guys, we cant currently edit our articles, can we expect such features to be available soon?

Author:  Contest Support [ Thu 18 Aug, 2011, 14:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

test wrote:
Hi guys, we cant currently edit our articles, can we expect such features to be available soon?


Greetings, we are planning to introduce drafts quite soon. You will be able to save and edit your articles before you submit them for the contest. However, after submission the article will no longer be editable.

Author:  Guest [ Fri 26 Aug, 2011, 13:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Hello. I would like to ask if August article contest will be extended for one more month or not? We have more then 100 participants, but not all of them uploaded any article. Thanks you in advance.

Author:  Contest Support [ Tue 30 Aug, 2011, 23:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Guest wrote:
Hello. I would like to ask if August article contest will be extended for one more month or not? We have more then 100 participants, but not all of them uploaded any article. Thanks you in advance.


As you've probably already seen, we've released some amendments regarding the length of a contest period. It's now limited to one month irrespective of the number of participants. However, unless the number of active participants reaches 100, the prizes will be awarded only partially. The invitation to Geneva Forex event is as well made only in case the contest month was finalized fully, i.e. with >100 active participants.

Author:  Guest [ Wed 31 Aug, 2011, 09:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Contest Support wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hello. I would like to ask if August article contest will be extended for one more month or not? We have more then 100 participants, but not all of them uploaded any article. Thanks you in advance.


As you've probably already seen, we've released some amendments regarding the length of a contest period. It's now limited to one month irrespective of the number of participants. However, unless the number of active participants reaches 100, the prizes will be awarded only partially. The invitation to Geneva Forex event is as well made only in case the contest month was finalized fully, i.e. with >100 active participants.


Thank you for an answer. It's a good and fair decision. Just it should have been made earlier.

Author:  Daddy Papi [ Thu 01 Sep, 2011, 00:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

I think the decision about the new prize money pool was poorly made and done disrespectfully without regard to the effort and opinions of the contestants. Prior to this, Dukascopy had been informing participants in all competitions about new rules well in advance of the start of each month, not 3 days before a month ends. The only rule that was mentioned regarding the number of participants had to do with whether the competition would be extended to the following month. It did not mention anything about changing the prize money pool. If rules are created, they should be respected by both parties in all aspects without prejudice to anyone. It would be a sad precedent for this to be done in this way, undermining the prestige of Dukascopy and all of its competitions up to this point.

Is there a middle ground solution? Let us know exactly why this rule is now being changed. Can it be done instead for the September competition when everybody would be in agreement without any misunderstandings? Persons finishing 7th-10th places would be much worse of since the new allocation would be very small.Could that prize money be increased to be the same for 4th to 6th places?

Author:  Contest Support [ Fri 02 Sep, 2011, 09:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Daddy Papi wrote:
I think the decision about the new prize money pool was poorly made and done disrespectfully without regard to the effort and opinions of the contestants. Prior to this, Dukascopy had been informing participants in all competitions about new rules well in advance of the start of each month, not 3 days before a month ends. The only rule that was mentioned regarding the number of participants had to do with whether the competition would be extended to the following month. It did not mention anything about changing the prize money pool. If rules are created, they should be respected by both parties in all aspects without prejudice to anyone. It would be a sad precedent for this to be done in this way, undermining the prestige of Dukascopy and all of its competitions up to this point.

Is there a middle ground solution? Let us know exactly why this rule is now being changed. Can it be done instead for the September competition when everybody would be in agreement without any misunderstandings? Persons finishing 7th-10th places would be much worse of since the new allocation would be very small.Could that prize money be increased to be the same for 4th to 6th places?


Please read this thread to find answers for your questions:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=42220

Author:  My_name_is_guest [ Fri 07 Oct, 2011, 09:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Greetings,

What do you mean by Active Participant, is it like Participant? Like we need >100 registered participant to close the month or we need >100 participant to actively write and manage article? :)

Thanks

Author:  My_name_is_guest [ Sat 08 Oct, 2011, 12:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

I'm experiencing freezing each time I made a comment. Please do something about it. Thx

Author:  Contest Support [ Mon 10 Oct, 2011, 12:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

My_name_is_guest wrote:
Greetings,

What do you mean by Active Participant, is it like Participant? Like we need >100 registered participant to close the month or we need >100 participant to actively write and manage article? :)

Thanks


Active participant is defined as the user that has successfully submitted at least one article for the contest.

Author:  Contest Support [ Mon 10 Oct, 2011, 12:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

My_name_is_guest wrote:
I'm experiencing freezing each time I made a comment. Please do something about it. Thx


What kind of freezing are you experiencing? Which browser are you using?

Author:  My_name_is_guest [ Mon 10 Oct, 2011, 14:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Sorry, but it happens on all web browser I use, frustrating :cry:

Author:  My_name_is_guest [ Wed 12 Oct, 2011, 12:04 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Please support, I can't comment :(

Author:  Contest Support [ Wed 12 Oct, 2011, 16:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

My_name_is_guest wrote:
Please support, I can't comment :(


Please provide us with extra information. At least, please send a screenshot that would show us the problem to [email protected]

Author:  My_name_is_guest [ Wed 12 Oct, 2011, 16:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

hi, when I post a comment, the page freezes like this http://screencast.com/t/24UH0Wlxz0x

Author:  Contest Support [ Wed 12 Oct, 2011, 17:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

We will find out what might be wrong and fix the issues as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What browser and which version do you use?

Author:  Guest [ Wed 12 Oct, 2011, 19:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: General Discussion and Comments

Contest Support wrote:
We will find out what might be wrong and fix the issues as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What browser and which version do you use?


I use google chrome latest version 14.0.835.202

I also tried firefox and IE but same thing happened :)

  Page 1 of 2