Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

General Discussion and Comments
 Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 13 Oct, 2011, 22:49 

User rating: -
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-arti ... its&id=244 my article was submitted 3 days ago , how long it takes to be approved

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 14 Oct, 2011, 12:04 

User rating: 8
Guest wrote:
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?action=read&article=Market-Sentiment-Shows-The-Pits&id=244 my article was submitted 3 days ago , how long it takes to be approved

In this case - eternity. Multiple registrations are strictly forbidden. Around 70 fake users were banned, articles were also deleted.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Nov, 2011, 00:34 

Guest wrote:
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?action=read&article=Market-Sentiment-Shows-The-Pits&id=244 my article was submitted 3 days ago , how long it takes to be approved

it'll take not more than 24hours

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012, 14:38 

Just a few thoughts.

After looking at people like Doctorby's article, the majority of his comments are from him and I don't think this is fair so I feel that the author's comments shouldn't count in the popularity contest.

Also, I know the prizes are determined by the number of contestants whom have entered with an article, but In most cases it barely gets above 30 each month. Do you think that you should do it on the number of articles published so it may be 60-70 as most people upload 1 or 2 a month. This seems fair as Dukascopyas dukascopy has the rights to these 60-70 articles but only gives out prizes to the 10 from 30 as opposed to 10 from 60-70 (you get most back from commissions anyway). This would be more representative of the work doen by those who win who only get credited for 1 article as opposed to more and it would attract more people in the future but it is still capped at 100 max ($15,000 total).

Just some suggestion that I thought off, I don't mind if you don;t implement them just something to think about.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Jan, 2012, 17:58 

Why do all the new articles have N/A as their rank and not have any views, likes but do have comments. And "Fibonacci retracements & placing targets & stops" by rppuranik has so many fakes comments, just in case you haven't noticed. As does Doctorby's own comments accounting for the majority of them. (still think it should be limited to 3 from author per article)

Thanks

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Feb, 2012, 14:16 

User rating: 3
Suggestion,

Dear Dukascopy Team,

I have seen more quality Articles in the Contest this Week, and last week.

I am glad to notice that more and more traders start to
spend more time to write Quality Analysis (Daddy Papi, Adask, Ritesh,
Adrian Ws-Fundamental Analysis, Positive) and trading Advices
and Thoughts that can be valuable for the other Traders
in the Dukascopy Community and for all the Traders World Wide.

That is the reason I think that more Traders should be incourraged
to get involved in the Article Contest to make a tighter Community
and to provide Quality and Valuable Analysis and Trading
Information for both Beginner and Professional Traders.

The Ammount of Work and Time invested by the Traders in the
Article Contest (for both the Writing of the Articles and the Promotion
in the Dukascopy Community and on the Internet and Social Networks)
is much larger than the one in the Trading Contest and Strategy Contest.

I would suggest Dukascopy to reward the Traders in correlation
with the number of articles posted in the Contest so that the Prizes
to be calculated with the number of Articles factor.
Currently the prizes are calculated in correlation with the number
of traders involved in the contest. But I think that more traders
will get involved to provide quality articles if They will get larger
prizes and for more than one Article.

This will also strenghten the interest in Dukascopy site by the Traders
that are not currently in Dukascopy Community.

It is just a suggestion that involves a larger investment from
Dukascopy Bank but I think that the R.O.I. (Return of Investment)
will be much Appreciated.(both by Marketing Purposes and Valuable
Information and Content on the Site).

PS: As for my Updates to the Analysis Articles, even if I provide valuable
Analysis and Information trough the comments of my articles that imply
a lot of work and time invested in them (sometimes I even write another
Article analysis in the comments during the Week), I would suggest to the
Dukascopy Team to remove the points from those comments from my
popularity points if You find this action more suitable for the best interest
of the Dukascopy Article Contest and Community Image.

I simply cannot understand why some traders preffer to make complaints
and to show their frustration on the Forum instead of Making their own Analysis
and to update it through comments to see how much time it consumes and how
much work it implies.

To YOur Success,
Doctortyby - Tiberiu

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Mar, 2012, 20:44 

User rating: 1
doctortyby wrote:
Suggestion,

Dear Dukascopy Team,

I have seen more quality Articles in the Contest this Week, and last week.

I am glad to notice that more and more traders start to
spend more time to write Quality Analysis (Daddy Papi, Adask, Ritesh,
Adrian Ws-Fundamental Analysis, Positive) and trading Advices
and Thoughts that can be valuable for the other Traders
in the Dukascopy Community and for all the Traders World Wide.

That is the reason I think that more Traders should be incourraged
to get involved in the Article Contest to make a tighter Community
and to provide Quality and Valuable Analysis and Trading
Information for both Beginner and Professional Traders.

The Ammount of Work and Time invested by the Traders in the
Article Contest (for both the Writing of the Articles and the Promotion
in the Dukascopy Community and on the Internet and Social Networks)
is much larger than the one in the Trading Contest and Strategy Contest.

I would suggest Dukascopy to reward the Traders in correlation
with the number of articles posted in the Contest so that the Prizes
to be calculated with the number of Articles factor.
Currently the prizes are calculated in correlation with the number
of traders involved in the contest. But I think that more traders
will get involved to provide quality articles if They will get larger
prizes and for more than one Article.

This will also strenghten the interest in Dukascopy site by the Traders
that are not currently in Dukascopy Community.

It is just a suggestion that involves a larger investment from
Dukascopy Bank but I think that the R.O.I. (Return of Investment)
will be much Appreciated.(both by Marketing Purposes and Valuable
Information and Content on the Site).

PS: As for my Updates to the Analysis Articles, even if I provide valuable
Analysis and Information trough the comments of my articles that imply
a lot of work and time invested in them (sometimes I even write another
Article analysis in the comments during the Week), I would suggest to the
Dukascopy Team to remove the points from those comments from my
popularity points if You find this action more suitable for the best interest
of the Dukascopy Article Contest and Community Image.

I simply cannot understand why some traders preffer to make complaints
and to show their frustration on the Forum instead of Making their own Analysis
and to update it through comments to see how much time it consumes and how
much work it implies.

To YOur Success,
Doctortyby - Tiberiu

Doctor,

I have now started competing in the strategy contest more now and am actually coding for the contest and I agree 100% that the article contest is harder and more time consuming as you need to update and answer any comments etc.

Because of this I agree with Doctor that the number of articles should be used not authors.

Either way it doesn't really make much difference to dukascopy as there is still a commission based level to acquire before the prize is actually realized, to add to this further, I imagine that dukascopy may be getting frustrated with the less-than-expected interest in the contest and this may attract more participants and improve the overall competitiveness which would be all around good.

Maybe for the short time until popularity rises (which I have no doubt that it will) you could change to n/50 instead of n/100 for prizes.

Just my ideas to improve this already amazing contest.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Apr, 2012, 22:35 

I am of the same exact opinion. Trader Contest is a bit of a luck game. Each one of participants gets 100.000 USD and has free choice what to do. In real life those 5M or 10M positions would cost a looooooot of nerves and many Margin Calls (because face it, not everyone puts SL orders as it is required here - which I think is awesome rule) so in case of 70-85% of traders the final score is pure luck (Because how can you explain a trader who in one month is left with 10.000 USD on his account and next month has already 300.000...?) You also see that by number of contestants.
On the other hand in article contest there are some people who really scarified a lot of free time to share their experience and the main prize is 3-5 times lower. No wonder people do not want to write. Maybe there could be some better appraisal system created by Dukascopy to encourage traders / writers to participate more in article contest.
Good luck to everyone in all contests anyway! THANK YOU DUKASCOPY FOR ALL CONTESTS YOU MAKE EACH MONTH! DO YOUR BEST TRADERS and remember ... SKY IS THE LIMIT!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012, 13:55 

User rating: 0
Hi everyone!
I just want to agree with Doctortyby!

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012, 22:46 

I'm sorry but I disagree with the previous posts.

We should not judge prize money based on the amount of work it takes to participate in a contest. A miner works far more than a professional football player and makes 100 times less money, supply and demand dictate how much each one is paid. To me it would make no sense to award the same prize to someone who beat 1000 traders, and to one who won a contest with only 25 other members (each one submitting 4 articles).

If that proposal went ahead, I'm pretty sure we would have more articles, but most of them would be absolute crap, just to increase the numbers and get to 100 articles in total, and bigger prize money available. Quality is always better than quantity.

There are many reasons why we have so few members sending articles (language barrier, not enough knowledge about Forex, not interested in writing, not enough time, or simply not knowing to write about, etc, etc), I don't think the prize money is one of the main ones.

The fact is that even with lower prizes in the article contest, in the long run you are much more likely to win money there than in the other contests, especially the trading one. I'll give you the example of "jlongo", he writes excellent articles about programming strategies, and has won many prizes, and this month will certainly win another one. I bet he was won as much money as the top traders in the trading contest. And there are other members who consistently win prizes, much more consistently than anyone in the trading contest.

Yes, you win less money per prize, but you win prizes more frequently, because there are so few participants, and if you write good articles on a consistent basis, then you can almost guarantee a prize every month! If the money was increased the difference to the other top traders/top strategies would be absurd. Sure, there would be more articles uploaded, but it would be unfair to award the same money when the odds of winning are A LOT bigger in the article contest.

And I'm speaking against myself here, because I've finished 4th and 1st so far in the 2 months I've participated in the article contest, so I would make more money, but to me it would be very unfair. There are more important matters that should be looked at in the contest anyway, but at least the reputation points should help curb some of the cheating... The prize money is fine to me. :)

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Aug, 2013, 05:18 

Dear Dukascopy Staff,
Thank you for the opportunity given to traders to participate in all kinds of contest you made available.
Concerning the Article contest, I want to suggest the price should be given to the writers as stimulated irrespective of the number of participants this is because those that write Articles will be very difficult to reach 100 participants. Article is not easy to write as the writer do not copy from any website and to convince people through writing it is not easy.
It is time consuming. Article contest have so many advantages to the readers as the writer reveal so many secrete that gurus are not ready to make know to the public by writing on his strategy.

Based on the above points I want you to use your your good office to reward them regardless of the number of participants. Come to think of it since the article contest started how many participants do you have in a month? Very few why?
They need to be encouraged. What really made traders to visit traders site is what they will read to enhance their trading activities. I have taken my time to read most of the articles that are been published on this site monthly and I find out out that they are really good articles.

Regards
Igumzfx

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 31 Dec, 2013, 21:15 

How can I search the library of articles by a phrase? (or title)

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jul, 2017, 10:57 

Hello support,

I tried upload the code of my strategy from my article from July, but it was impossible.

Error : "Max quota board reached", the file is small!!! :? :? :?

My post here:

https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... 82&t=55307

thanks

LinnuxFX

Post subject: Re: General Discussion and Comments Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 15 Jul, 2017, 12:24 

I am looking for result of Article contest for May 2017 but looks like Dukas Contest Team has still not decided on the winners.
It's now 15-July-2017 and I am wondering when will the result be known :mrgreen:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com