Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Why fix what is not broke?
 Post subject: Why fix what is not broke? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Jul, 2015, 13:45 

User rating: 2
I opened my live account in 2011 and since then having been trading on the Java (standard) platform. I also use the same platform for the Trader contest and have had no issues with it. The thing I love about the platform is its simplicity and the charts. Yes! The charts, you only have to input your setting and draw your trend lines and it stay that way for a long time.

It seemed Dukascopy Team felt the need to change the chart for reasons unknown. I noticed this change on the Trader Contest platform but immediately had issues with it, namely:

1. Chart reload takes too long.
2. Your settings (and stored set up) get wiped clean after a couple of time you log in. This means you have to keep input same setting every now and then which can been frustrating if you monitor many currency pairs.

I quickly abandoned this and stuck to the Live account chart which remained the same. Now, the same change has been effected on the live account. I logged in, and the settings I inputed just this morning Gone! I have to start all over again.

My question is why the change? If this is necessary, fix the glitches before imposing it on traders. For the time being I have to rely on a thrid party chart which I have not done in a long time.

Post subject: Re: Why fix what is not broke? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Jul, 2015, 21:24 

User rating: 2
yes now there is some memory leak I see as well. My java app used to be around 500-600mb, now it is 4.5 GB...! Unstable now as well.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com