Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform
 Post subject: How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Mar, 2014, 13:14 

User rating: 0
Hei Guys

Maybe this is a stupid question, but i have to ask anayway cause i`m not able to import the indikator into my jforex demoaccount.

I registrated my demoaccount today and i moved an indicator by the name "TDI - Traders dynamic Index" into "my Jstore.

I even tried to download the indicator and then import it into the platform. I`m sure there is something i did forget, og something i did wrong!?

Could somebody please help out?

Post subject: Re: How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 10 Mar, 2014, 12:41 

User rating: 164
I am not sure what you mean by 'importing'.
In case you want to use a custom indicator in the JForex platform, you have to compile the indicator (to get the compiled .jfx file). After this you just have to load the indicator on the chart. When you select 'Add indicator', there will be an option to add a custom indicator. Select that option and locate the previously compiled .jfx file.

In case you want to use your custom indicator in a strategy, take a look on this wiki page.

Post subject: Re: How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 16:45 

User rating: 0
I am also stumped by this. How do you compile an indicator you already saved to your Jstore? From what I gather the files I am trying to add to my charts are .java and they need to be .jfx. That is why they aren't allowed to be added.
Any Thoughts?
NP

Post subject: Re: How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 29 Mar, 2014, 20:35 

User rating: 164
I don't use JStore, so I don't know if it offers any special feature about loading indicators (or strategies) into your platform,
but normally you have to compile an indicator (or strategy) source in the platform, before you are able to use it.
If the question is about this (how to compile), it is pretty simple:
Just open the indicator in the platform: right click on the Custom Indicators menu on the left side of the platform, and select Open Indicator
When it is opened, just compile it: click on the button next to the "Environment: Java" checkbox, (the button caption is: 010).

After this your are able to add your compiled indicator, but it is listed under the custom indicators, so you have to click on the Custom Indicator button on the Add indicator window.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: How to import an Indicator from Jstore into Jforex platform Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 May, 2014, 21:05 

User rating: 1
This should help: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7259573#post7259573.

See #Post 2,362. Scroll to: The following is a detailed step-by-step list of instruction. It may be of benefit as JForex is somewhat exacting.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com