Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Price of merged position when merging BUY and SELL orders
 Post subject: Price of merged position when merging BUY and SELL orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Dec, 2013, 14:31 

User rating: 0
according to documentation
"Merged order open price, i.e. IOrder.getOpenPrice, is the weighted average of mergeable order open prices."
This is correct if I open orders in the same direction. However it is NOT so if I merge BUY and SELL position with different lots.
Please explain the price setting in this case.

Post subject: Re: Price of merged position when merging BUY and SELL orders Post rating: 3   New post Posted: Fri 13 Dec, 2013, 15:27 

User rating: 164
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Merge_Order

Post subject: Re: Price of merged position when merging BUY and SELL orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Dec, 2013, 17:31 

User rating: 0
thanks a lot for clarification!

Now let us consider GLOBAL account. The if we open second order it is automatically aggregated (merged) with the first one.
Are the rules for price of newly created aggregated position the same? I checked for position in same direction, these are the same. What about price for two positions of different directions? I would like to ask either JForex developers or somebody having experience with GLOBAL accounts.

Thank you!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com