Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Historical tester with multiple strategies
 Post subject: Historical tester with multiple strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Dec, 2013, 05:42 

User rating: 1
Hi,

I have been trying to find the answer to this and came across threads about ITester, but am not sure if that is what I am after.

Coming from MT4, so please excuse the comparison...

I would like to be able to test/optimize several of my strategies in parallel, on different currencies (or the same currency). Each strategy naturally will have it's own parameters to optimize on. And each is based off it's own account balance, so I can immediately compare the profitability of each.
Also one of the parameters to optimize is the timeframe that the strategy is run against for calculating the swings (eg ZigZag indicator) - is that possible or do you have to run it on each timeframe separately?

Currently using MT4 I run several instances of the program (upto 4, as each process consumes about 25% CPU). One of my issues is the time it takes to run the optimizations (usually several days), so I am hoping your tester will be quicker?

I am not aware that you can open several instances of JForex?
I tried to open two Historical Tester windows/tabs and tried to run MA_Play on different currencies in parallel, but that didn't work. They just waited till each one had finished.

So is this possible? And which is the most efficient or quickest way to achieve it.

thanks

Simon

Post subject: Re: Historical tester with multiple strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 Dec, 2013, 08:35 

User rating:
Use the Historical Tester with checked "Optimization" setting.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com