Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

STOP orders become LIMIT orders
 Post subject: STOP orders become LIMIT orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Nov, 2013, 22:43 

User rating: 0
In the demo platform, I submit BUYSTOP and SELLSTOP orders around the current 5 mn candle (for example) and they are visible on the chart.

But when the tick comes near (or touches) one of the STOP orders, the order becomes automatically a LIMIT order.

Of course, the order is not filled but is filled when the tick comes back and moves in the bad direction.

This happens very often. I suppose it's a bug because STOP and LIMIT orders ares basically very different to work with.

Please could you correct this ?

Attachments:
capture_20131120_140058.jpg [392.52 KiB]
Downloaded 481 times
capture_20131120_070449.jpg [412.67 KiB]
Downloaded 495 times
capture_20131120_070144.jpg [143.78 KiB]
Downloaded 437 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: STOP orders become LIMIT orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Nov, 2013, 23:15 

User rating: 96
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Stop_Entry_Order:
Quote:
WARNING! Stop entry orders with applied slippage control become limit orders once they have been triggered, and have suffered rejection eventually.

Post subject: Re: STOP orders become LIMIT orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 Nov, 2013, 01:26 

User rating: 0
Thank you hebasto,

I read the wiki page you sent me. I did not apply slippage but my error was to put "0" as slippage. I changed that with Double.NaN and now I get STOP orders, no more STOP(LIMIT) orders.

Everything works fine.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com