Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

should I get a faster CPU
 Post subject: should I get a faster CPU Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Mar, 2013, 10:24 

User rating: 0
will a faster CPU speed up the back testing? I am currently using Intel Core i3, for example if it takes 1 minutes to complete a certain back test, simple strategy, no parallel stuff, will a faster CPU complete the job in a shorter time. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: should I get a faster CPU Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 03:02 

User rating: 98
I always run JForex in the high performance Java Server VM. This uses a Visual Basic Script to filter the incoming jnlp and insert some stuff (link to that post below).

You could use the much higher performance Java Server VM which is available in the JDK.

A standalone launch would use java -server xxxxx. However, JForex launches with Java Web Start and fetches a jnlp specification. So that spec needs to be filtered before execution.

To launch you need to use a script which filters the jnlp to use the Server VM. This is a Windows only solution...

I'm not sure, however, that it would be significantly faster or that your problem is CPU and not, I/O.

If you want further info on extreme High Performance, let us know.

Refer to the post linked below. I don't have time to help you but if you're determined you can figure it out. Feel free to hack the script any way you wish !! :)

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=47842

HyperScalper

Post subject: Re: should I get a faster CPU Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013, 03:05 

User rating: 98
Your problem may be as simple as calculating indicators at Bar end, rather than each Tick,
assuming that you don't need it to calc on each tick. You might require that; in which case, you may need the higher performance. Most likely you have some inefficiencies you could address first.

HyperScalper

Post subject: Re: should I get a faster CPU Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Apr, 2013, 10:10 

User rating: 0
Thank you, I'll give it a try! :)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com