Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Depth of Market, DOM, Price Ladder Trading
 Post subject: Depth of Market, DOM, Price Ladder Trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 Jul, 2012, 11:31 

User rating: 7
Dear Support:

Can you include a price ladder on a future platform update? These are also called a "DOM" or Depth of Market. All types of orders (Market, Limit, Stop) will be able to be placed on said ladder at a desired price at the click of a button. Stop loss and Take profit will also appear on the ladder and will be easily movable by merely clicking and dragging them on the ladder (look at Ninja Traders Dynamic/Static DOM for instance).

Would it also be possible to have Time and Sales Data as well? Unlike the market depth (pending limit orders), we can actually see in real time what orders have been executed and at what price and quantity? I know that in Forex this data may be somewhat redundant given the fragmentation and sheer size of the FX market, but since Dukascopy is a large and very reputable company, access to Dukascopy's T&S data could greatly assist traders in their efforts.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Depth of Market, DOM, Price Ladder Trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 31 Mar, 2014, 15:33 

User rating: 1
Any plans to include these requests? Time and Sales also a invaluable tool.

Post subject: Re: Depth of Market, DOM, Price Ladder Trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 31 Mar, 2014, 20:11 

User rating: 98
I would be in favor of Price Ladder Trading, if only because it would then
encourage a wider DOM.

I use the DOM for Trend Analysis, but it has to be analyzed by an algorithm
in order to be useful for short term trending.

And, lastly, a Time and Sales would be an invaluable facility. For now, I generate
a "Virtual Time and Sales" which provides a non-biased estimate of Buying
and Selling activity but...

again, this is based upon certain assumptions and derives from the moment
to moment DOM, and it requires in depth algorithmic analysis to be of any
usefulness to short term scalping Traders.

HyperScalper

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com