Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Check Strategy
 Post subject: Check Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jun, 2012, 18:52 

User rating: 0
I can't understand the strategy test.
What is the different to set the Period(1 minute, 1 hour,1 day ecc...) and the 4 ticks OHLC,spline,open tick and close tick?

Thanks very much,
Jacopo

Post subject: Re: Check Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Jun, 2012, 11:19 
JForex Master

User rating:
If you choose ticks, you get the most precise test, but it might be slow, depending on your strategy.
If you choose other periods, they are inetrpolated according to the method chosen. OHLC would split the candle in 4 ticks (Open, High, Low, Close). Tick on open method would have only one tick, which would be the open price of the candle.

Post subject: Re: Check Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013, 10:16 

My strategy works only when tested with "4 ticks OHLC". It is written in the way that count ticks to have good results and I cannot use any other way.

Now I want to switch to the real account and eventually participate in competition; but there I will receive all ticks which will falsify my results. How can I proceed to obtain those 4 ticks per each candle in the way you do it in method "4 tick OHLC"

Post subject: Re: Check Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013, 18:32 

Answer for that is
client.setDataInterval(Period.ONE_HOUR, OfferSide.BID, ITesterClient.InterpolationMethod.FOUR_TICKS, longDateFrom, longDateTo);
And the next question is what settings are used in Strategy Contest?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com