Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

external data
 Post subject: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 11 Jun, 2012, 17:37 

User rating: 0
Dear Support,

Is it possible to import own external data such as Ticks and bars into Jforex GUI mode to use it for further back testing?

Thanks
Matthias

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jun, 2012, 11:54 

User rating:
No, currently, that is not possible.

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Jun, 2012, 19:26 

Dear Support,

Since I have read the same issue in different forum threads and this topic was moved in the FAQ section, will the next update add such a function?
It would be nice because other trading software I used (Tradestation, Metatrader and Ninjatrader[by external program]) allow to import data.

Thanks
Matthias

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Jun, 2012, 11:15 
JForex Master

User rating:
We do not plan to implement it yet.

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 19 Aug, 2012, 14:22 

You can do it via the api and add charts there as well - have a look at https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Get_data_from_CSV in the wiki.

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012, 09:39 

User rating: 164
defc0n1 wrote:
You can do it via the api and add charts there as well - have a look at https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Get_data_from_CSV in the wiki.

Could you be a bit more specific on this manner?
I hope noone minds to bring up a 2 month old topic, but I am after a similar thing (load data from CVS instead of the backtester`s feed). The linked page describes how to process data in a strategy from a CSV file. But it says nothing about how to `convert` this data to be the actual input of the ticks, and how to put on chart those calculated ticks.

In the meanwhile I continue searching the forums and wiki pages, maybe it is already described somewhere...

Post subject: Re: external data Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013, 09:09 

User rating: 1
Dear support,

Do you plan to implement this at a short/medium term?

I am still waiting for this feature to be available and I really would like to have it.
If not, is there a workaround we can use (programmatically speaking) so we can use our own data as ticks or any other type of representation?

Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com