Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Full offline developing - is it possible?
 Post subject: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Jul, 2011, 12:44 

User rating: -
My corporate proxy blocked all ports which is needed for jForex normal work (443, 10443, etc).
Whether there is any way to work with jForex completely offline?
For example: on a PC with full internet access I download quotes history files, than transfer them (via flashdrive) to another PC (without Internet access) and work on it completely locally.
This is required not for trade, but for learning jForexAPI and developming of indicators and experts for the platform jForex on PC without Internet connection.

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011, 08:29 
JForex Master

User rating:
For developing JForex API based on the standalone library (in Eclipse, for example), you do not need an internet connection.
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/index.php?title=Use_in_Eclipse

A next JForex generation will have possibility for using the platform even without internet (for trading simulations).

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011, 08:39 

User rating: 0
Of course I can use Eclipse or Netbeans to write and debug source code.
But the question is how can I see the result in jForex main window if he can not even connect to the server?

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Jul, 2011, 16:46 
JForex Master

User rating:
It is not possible to use the Jforex offline currently.

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Jul, 2011, 08:09 

User rating: -
Desktop Support wrote:
A next JForex generation will have possibility for using the platform even without internet (for trading simulations).

when can we expect its release?

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 31 Jul, 2011, 05:41 

I'd very much like to see a release like this too, it would be a great functionality to have!

thanks in any case,
mm

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Aug, 2011, 10:58 

User rating: 21
I need the offline connection urgently too.
Backtesting is 99,9% impossible currently without an Internet connection.
Therefore my optimizing halts while I am working in the plane, e.g. during 10 h to USA what is a pity.

Bernhard

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Aug, 2011, 11:54 

May be you can develop your own separate local "trading" server, that does nothing, except returning to the terminal dummy "handshake." no checks and passwords! Terminal starting, connecting to this local server and operate with it as with commercial server. In this case, we run this local server that intercepts all calls from the terminal to real servers and process them itself but returns nothing data (except some "signals" that the server is alive). In this case, the developer will receive full access to the terminal to work in "offline mode". We work offline but terminal think that it is online :)

Is this a sollution of a problem? Can you develop such "patch"?

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 03 Aug, 2011, 16:40 
JForex Master

User rating:
This feature is under developement.

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011, 08:43 

Yesterday my demo account was expired, and I received situation, which I really needed: after unsuccessfully login, jForex was offline but all environment was fully functional!!!

Maybe you can "emulate" this situation for offline developing purposes?

:idea: If login is unsuccessful (not only because of expired demo account, but on ANY OTHER REASON) you "transfer" platform in this "locked", but "working in offline" state :idea:

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011, 12:02 

In your mentioned state you cannot compile strategies at all, so it is useless. Sorry. Support has to provide us with another version, with which we can develop and test strategies offline.
MT4 can do this, why can't JForex?

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Jun, 2013, 14:14 

This task here has 2157 views already, it must be relevant!!!

Good old MT4 still works offline. I can compile and run EA robots easily.

Dukascopy - if you really want to be better than MT4, please implement the offline mode for strategy compiling and backtesting at least.
This is important in my many offline travel times such in planes and trains. :x

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Feb, 2015, 09:09 

I'm new to this platform and at the moment surfing this forum I've found any solution on that.

I completely agree with the preceding post: you MUST enable your customer to have an offline back test based on data, without a network connection for two reasons:
- performances
- mostly of us do something else (a job) during the day, so often there is the need to do something when disconnected or via command line or behind firewalls

If today (feb 2015) exists a different answer, pls provide it.

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Feb, 2015, 15:08 

User rating: 164
There was a promise to make JForex4's Historical Tester capable to run offline. You could test JForex4, or ask around in the JForex4 section.

Post subject: Re: Full offline developing - is it possible? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018, 06:17 

Any updates on the issue?

I need this functionality as well!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com