Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-2783 Merged orders visualization
 Post subject: JFOREX-2783 Merged orders visualization Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Feb, 2011, 22:44 

User rating: 3
Hi, I have a small issue.

The visualization of merged positions can really clutter up the chart, especially if you merge a number of positions in a short space of time, which I sometimes do. The way to remove merged positions visualization from the chart is to turn off the visualization of open positions in JForex preferences. However, I still want to see my ongoing trades, so visualization of open positions needs to be turned on.

Would it be possible to change this setting so that merged positions disappear from the chart when you untick closed positions instead?

But if there are drawbacks to this, any solution that removes the individual parts of merged positions from the chart while still being able to see open positions would cure the problem.

Post subject: Re: Merged orders visualization Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Feb, 2011, 13:29 

User rating: 1
Cashbone wrote:
Hi, I have a small issue.

The visualization of merged positions can really clutter up the chart, especially if you merge a number of positions in a short space of time, which I sometimes do. The way to remove merged positions visualization from the chart is to turn off the visualization of open positions in JForex preferences. However, I still want to see my ongoing trades, so visualization of open positions needs to be turned on.

Would it be possible to change this setting so that merged positions disappear from the chart when you untick closed positions instead?

But if there are drawbacks to this, any solution that removes the individual parts of merged positions from the chart while still being able to see open positions would cure the problem.

For me it is very disturbing too, agree with you 100%. On the chart sometimes it gets so messy with IDs of opened, merged positions - i can not see the candles.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-2783 Merged orders visualization Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Feb, 2011, 14:16 

Exactly, trying to see what's going on behind all the labels on the screen can get pretty difficult.

Post subject: ref. Orders strings Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Mar, 2011, 00:53 

User rating: 0
Please, put an option in "Order Visualization" to remove the orrible order string. see the picture below, is unwatchable :shock: .
Thank you
Silvio

Post subject: Re: ref. Orders strings Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011, 10:08 

Dear support,

if I may add to this feature request...
I agree that depending on the timeframe that is selected on the chart, the chart can get very messy and that an option to hide text strings would be very useful.

It would be great if not only the order labels, but in addition ALL text objects and order labels of chart objects could be toggled between "shown" and "hidden" through a showText-checkbox in the chart's menu area. Internally such a functionality could easily get implemented by overriding the object's opacity level.

If you want to make the show/hide text feature even more powerful, you could add a filter field to allow users to hide specific text strings. The filter field could contain a regex that hides all text fields that match the regex if the showText-checkbox is toggled to "hidden".

Thanks a lot for considering!
Best, RR.

Post subject: Re: ref. Orders strings Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011, 11:43 

User rating: 0
RoadRunner wrote:
If you want to make the show/hide text feature even more powerful, you could add a filter field to allow users to hide specific text strings. The filter field could contain a regex that hides all text fields that match the regex if the showText-checkbox is toggled to "hidden".

Great idea RoadRunner...

Filter by label contents, order type, and maybe even profit/loss (ie, p/l < 10pips) would be a fantastic feature.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com