Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1278: Strategy Tester Platform "offline"
 Post subject: JFOREX-1278: Strategy Tester Platform "offline" Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2009, 06:11 

User rating: 0
Hi all,

This is my first post - I'd like to start out by saying that the Dukascopy auto-trade platform looks very promising!

I have been starting to develop with the platform and I would like to know whether it is possible to use the strategy tester without having to log in. I primarily work on a PC that is firewalled and I would like to conduct my dev & strategy tests on this PC. I then plan to simply copy the developed code to the main PC when I am ready to test online.

Could someone please advise me how I can achieve this? I imagine I need to copy the directory structure with the strategy tester JARs along with the tick data onto my PC.

Appreciate the help!

Post subject: Re: How to use the Strategy Tester Platform "offline"? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2009, 07:38 

User rating:
Hi,
at the moment it's not possible, because strategy tester requires historical data. To get historical data you need access to the server.

Post subject: Re: How to use the Strategy Tester Platform "offline"? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2009, 22:09 

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I thought the historical data resided on disk after using the 'Get Data' feature? I am only interested in back-testing periods for which I have already downloaded data for.

Thanks again!

Post subject: Re: How to use the Strategy Tester Platform "offline"? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Oct, 2009, 12:45 

User rating:
Yes, it does.
Unfortunately at the moment nor Dukascopy API, nor JForex platform doesn't provide any interface for such strategy back-testing purposes.

Post subject: Re: How to use the Strategy Tester Platform "offline"? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 25 Oct, 2009, 16:40 

User rating: 3
Are there any plans to include such a functionality in one of the next releases?

Thanks and best, RR.

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1278: Strategy Tester Platform "offline" Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Oct, 2009, 08:50 

User rating:
We will consider adding this in the future versions

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1278: Strategy Tester Platform "offline" Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Mar, 2010, 22:53 

I don't understand what needs adding.

Once the tick and bar data is downloaded and cached, the tester does not need any other data, so it should be able to run completely off-line, with no internet connection.

How is it that not possible ?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com