Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

JFOREX-2237 Determine a session open occurred
 Post subject: JFOREX-2237 Determine a session open occurred Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Sep, 2010, 22:43 

User rating: 0
Is there a straightforward way to determine when the various sessions opened/closed during historical testing? The more elegant the solution the better, but given a hackish solution I might be able to work with it.

As an example, the US uses different DST dates than other parts of the world; eg, London & New York won't always open with a static amount of time between them. As a consequence, during back-testing it isn't altogether straightforward how I can determine whether London (or NY/Asian) is open/closed, when it will open next, etc.

I'm working from UTC times, so it boils down to figuring out whether London (or others) opens at 7am, 8am, etc in UTC for the current period I'm testing.

-Brian

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-2237 Determine a session open occurred Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 20 May, 2016, 11:05 

User rating: 0
I'm new to JForex and having the same problem. Any elegant not that complicated solution?
Thanks!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com