Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Copy Economic Calendar into jForex
 Post subject: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 01 Feb, 2015, 22:57 

User rating: 0
Is there a way that I can select the High Impact events from the Economic Calendar and place them automatically on my jForex WorkBench?

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 Feb, 2015, 09:06 

Do you have a url from the feed of that economic calendar?

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Feb, 2015, 17:11 

Hi semperaugustus,

No I don't have the URL.
If I have it, how can I use it?

Cheers,

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Feb, 2015, 17:39 

I've made such a thingy for MT4, but am not too keen on Java jet, still learning.

After using it a while, i made trading simpler: check the calendar and usually have the following results

• in the morning (European time) i trade USD-pairs cause all of the news is EUR and GBP
• in the afternoon i trade EUR and GBP pairs cause all of the news is USD

Not always, but close enough.

If i make a news thingy, i'll post it here.

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015, 14:13 

User rating: 164
mosu_d wrote:
Is there a way that I can select the High Impact events from the Economic Calendar and place them automatically on my jForex WorkBench?

Have you tried News-> Live Economic calendar?
That should give you events semi-automated (you have to press the Apply button to 'get' the news).

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 Mar, 2015, 20:18 

mosu_d wrote:

There is a strategy in JStore, called EconCalNews that might give you what you are looking for. It is drawing economic calendar news event on the chart, so you would be aware of high impact news.

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 May, 2015, 11:02 

Thank you tcsabina,

This would be the best approach.
I am in the Trading Contest. I tried to load a strategy and I can't; the Contest platform may be limited for this.
Do you know how I can do this?

Thank you,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Copy Economic Calendar into jForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 May, 2015, 18:37 

Hi,

I am not familiar with the Trading contest platform. So I am afraid I cannot be much of a help...
Maybe you could ask for confirmation from Support about the disabled strategy execution on the trading platform.
If strategy execution is truly disabled, you could use the News-> Live Economic calendar. Hopefully it is available in the trading contest platform as well...

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com