Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

The Classical Volume Histogram in JForex
 Post subject: The Classical Volume Histogram in JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013, 03:50 

User rating: 0
Hello,

I have attached the classical volume histogram to a 1 minute chart in JForex, but I am not sure how to interpret the decimal numbers reported. For example a 1 minute bar can report that there was a volume volume of 138.58 for a 1 minute period. Could someone please explain what this means? From what I have understood volume can only be in whole numbers.

Thanks,
Laurentius

Post subject: Re: The Classical Volume Histogram in JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013, 10:25 

User rating: 94
Hi Laurentius:

The value is the volume in millions of currency unit and it can have decimal places and values.

Trade well

JL

Post subject: Re: The Classical Volume Histogram in JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013, 12:36 

User rating: 0
Thank you for your reply JL.

If I understand you correctly, this actually means that in JForex the volume is not tick volume as with most other Spot FX brokers, but actually true transaction volume within the ECN trading network liquidity model used by Dukascopy. This reported within a rounded accuracy down to 10,000 units of base currency.

Could you please confirm if I understand correctly?

Thanks,
Laurentius

Post subject: Re: The Classical Volume Histogram in JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013, 12:54 

User rating: 94
Hi:

Is the volume transacted on that bar (i think that is the sum of all tick transactions during the bar), but if i'm wrong, maybe support can say something about.

Trade well

JL

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com