Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Where are messages in Tester displayed?
 Post subject: Where are messages in Tester displayed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 00:00 

User rating: -
Hello,
obviously, the jforex GUI has been changed and I cannot use my strategies any more!!
Where can I configure bid/ask in historical tester? Why do I have to select the ticks? The old historical tester called the bars and was a lot faster. Now it runs through all ticks and takes ages.
Why can I not see my messages?

Please, please, when you try to 'improve' you software do not forget to provide a 'release letter' telling the user what has been changed, what is new now and how to use the old features!
At the moment I cannot use jforex, so either you tell me how to use it or I have to quit jforex which would be really a pity.

Best regards,
A.Balka

Post subject: Missing historical testing features in new JForex version Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 10:56 

My previous post was somehow deleted so I am posting it again.

It appears the new version of JForex no longer supports optimization mode. Also, the selections of bar period and interpolation methods are missing. Were these features removed by accident? Can I revert to the previous version to regain access to these features?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Missing Cofiguration in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 13:12 

I have the same problem. I also rely heavily on the optimization mode which is now missing. Please give us back the previous version!

Post subject: Candle testing in historical tester? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 19:18 

How can I configure to use candle testing in historical tester? The old way of doing that is described in wiki - and how does it work now?
Best regards.

Post subject: Where are messages in hist.tester displayed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011, 19:24 

Hello,

I have got a serious problem: I cannot see messages of a strategy running in historical tester. The same strategy worked fine on old version. Do I have to change the coding for displaying a message in new jforex version?
This is very important for me. Without display of message I have to re-program my strategies. At the moment I cannot use jforex strategy testing!!

Kind regards.

Post subject: Re: Where are messages in hist.tester displayed? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 07:48 

User rating:
In Historical Tester tab press Instruments button, then check Save messages to file and now the messages in Messages tab will show.

Post subject: Re: Missing Cofiguration in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 08:38 

User rating:
balka wrote:
Hello,
obviously, the jforex GUI has been changed and I cannot use my strategies any more!!
Please specify the problems that you encounter, so that we can help you.
balka wrote:
Where can I configure bid/ask in historical tester? Why do I have to select the ticks? The old historical tester called the bars and was a lot faster. Now it runs through all ticks and takes ages.
The platform works with ticks, so in previous versions of Historical Tester when you chose bars, bars actually got approximated into a range of ticks. For multiple cases such approximation brought a significant difference in testing results, compared to results when all ticks option was selected. So the perfomance's trade-off was the precision of results. In order to speed up the testing you can consider using one of two new approximation methods under Select ticks filter dropdown.
balka wrote:
Why can I not see my messages?
Press Instruments button and check Save messages to file.
balka wrote:
Please, please, when you try to 'improve' you software do not forget to provide a 'release letter' telling the user what has been changed, what is new now and how to use the old features!
See:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=35901
balka wrote:
At the moment I cannot use jforex, so either you tell me how to use it or I have to quit jforex which would be really a pity.
We are actively working on the known issues, thank you for your patience.

Post subject: Re: Candle testing in historical tester? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 08:45 

User rating:
See:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=35955

Post subject: Re: Missing Cofiguration in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 08:57 

How do I access optimization mode in the new version?

Post subject: Re: Missing historical testing features in new JForex versio Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 10:20 

User rating:
macronetics wrote:
It appears the new version of JForex no longer supports optimization mode.
Select Brute-force mode in Define Parameters dialog which appears after pressing Start button.
macronetics wrote:
Also, the selections of bar period and interpolation methods are missing
They have been replaced with two new approximation methods which you can find under Select ticks filter dropdown.

Post subject: Re: Missing Cofiguration in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 10:31 

User rating:
Guest wrote:
How do I access optimization mode in the new version?
See: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=35974

Post subject: Re: Missing historical testing features in new JForex versio Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 11:57 

Hi,

what about visual backtesting?

When choosing Brute-force mode in backtesting, i can only choose out of four periods: Tick, 1 Min, Hourly and Daily. In standard mode all periods are available. :/

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Missing historical testing features in new JForex versio Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 13:34 

User rating:
Just add a new period in the menu Tools\Preferences\Period

Post subject: Re: Missing historical testing features in new JForex versio Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 Jun, 2011, 13:57 

User rating:
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/index.php?title=Historical_Tester

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com