Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JFOREX-1816 ITesterClient prevents parallel testing
 Post subject: JFOREX-1816 ITesterClient prevents parallel testing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Jun, 2010, 09:27 

User rating: 0
This is a severe limitation to testing.

With one of the strategies I'm implementing, I need to execute something on the order of about 400,000 tests. With this problem, and the fact each test must be run in a separate process (unless you use a workaround), each test requires between 40-60 seconds to execute, only about half of which is because of my code (for which I'm dillegently fixing performance issues). Best case, I'm looking at 5 months to run ONE iteration of tests, though.

Even if my tests ended up taking only 1 second to complete, the rest of the bottlenecks in the ITesterClient code put my estimate at about 2.5 months spent just connecting to the servers and checking to see if my cache is up to date.

It would help a lot if I could execute multiple strategies in parallel as I can in the GUI.

-Brian

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1816 ITesterClient prevents parallel testing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Jun, 2010, 18:23 

User rating: 0
Why has this been moved to the workaround forum? I did not describe a workaround, and there isn't one. ITesterClient is a singleton. You can't work around that, that's why it's called a singleton.

-Brian

Post subject: Re: JFOREX-1816 ITesterClient prevents parallel testing Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Jul, 2010, 08:38 

User rating:
ITesterClient is still the singleton. Instead it allows execution of multiple strategies. Call the startStrategy method several times to start testing more than one strategy

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com