Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How do i control my risk in jForex??
 Post subject: How do i control my risk in jForex?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 01 Sep, 2017, 12:19 

User rating: 2
Hi

I am wondering, how is it possible to control risk in jforex?

When i trade, i want to know exactly how much money i risk, but i have not found a way to see that information anywhere...

I can set the SL and TP, and the only other setting is the Amount of units, but the units do not tell my anything about how much money i actually risk.

How do i set the risk of the next trade to something like 100$ or 2% ??

Post subject: Re: How do i control my risk in jForex?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 Nov, 2017, 10:50 

User rating: 5
Hello SageS,

You can control the risk exposure of your total balance by presetting a stop-loss level via your account report's summary page.

For example, if your total balance is USD $50,000 and you wish to risk only about 50% of it, then at equal or less than $25,000 balance, the 'Stop Loss Level' will get activated on your trading account, it will trigger closure of all open positions, all pending orders will be cancelled and trading will be blocked.

Post subject: Re: How do i control my risk in jForex?? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Feb, 2018, 01:05 

User rating: 2
The Account Stop Loss setting is not useful in this case, I need to set my risk PER TRADE, on each and every trade individually. Why does this most basic / essential function not exist? How can anyone trade without knowing exactly how much money is at risk on the trades? I need to know:

When my SL is filled, how much money did I lose?

And I need to know that before the SL is actually being filled, BEFORE I take the trade.

jForex is such an advanced tool, yet misses the most important Information for Risk management. It has hundreds of fancy features, but I just can not open a single trade, simply because I do not know how much money I lose when my SL is hit, which makes the whole platform completely useless!

This makes me angry, Everything is fine with dukascopy, I want to use it, but jForex makes it impossible to open trades, just because of such a simple piece of Information. Can anyone tell me how one can trade without knowing the risk?? I just do not get it.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com