Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies
 Post subject: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Sep, 2016, 08:03 

User rating: 1
I have to get out and lose my work. It's very frustrating. All I can add is that it may be linked to entering a wrong expression in the Calculate Expression block, but even when you rectify the error, it does not save or compile.

It says Strategy XYZ Exists, Do You Want to Replace it and just freezes.

I have tried this in 2 locations and get the same error.

Thanks,
Chrysos.

Post subject: Re: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Sep, 2016, 11:29 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Sorry to hear that ..
Could you please tell us what OS and browser you're using ? Is this happened with your current community login 'Chrysos' ?
I recommend you to keep a backup copy of your strategy saved as vfs file on your local computer (File > Export)
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Sep, 2016, 13:28 

amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to hear that ..
Could you please tell us what OS and browser you're using ? Is this happened with your current community login 'Chrysos' ?
I recommend you to keep a backup copy of your strategy saved as vfs file on your local computer (File > Export)
Thanks

Hi Amine.

I am using IExplorer 11.0.27 on a Windows 8.1 system. This doesn't happen all the time and I cannot save it as a VFS file as it won't let me do that. It is happening with my current community login 'Chrysos'.

I think the file in question and the one I copied it from are corrupt. They now have lost their links and are not the same anymore.

Post subject: Re: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Sep, 2016, 14:29 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
I see,
Do you remember approximatly the time when the saving/bug occured ?
Could you please try to locate the original file in question and send it to me to [email protected]
It would be also nice to have a short description of what you did so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Sep, 2016, 01:34 

amine_chourou wrote:
I see,
Do you remember approximatly the time when the saving/bug occured ?
Could you please try to locate the original file in question and send it to me to [email protected]
It would be also nice to have a short description of what you did so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks !

Unfortunately Amine I have deleted the files in question as I assumed some corruption with them.

The problem seemed to have started when I put the statement ABS(A1-A2) into the Calculate Expression block. This was an error as there is no ABS (absolute value) function in VJF.

I attempted a compile and that's when the problem started. Even when I corrected the problem and just put A1-A2 it had the problem. Then I deleted the whole block and it would save it, but when I added the block again after logging out and in, the problem continued.

It happened with one strategy and another one which was based on copying the original one.

Other strategies seem to be alright, so I have deleted the 2 problem ones. If I get the problem again, I will post the strategy here.

Thanks.

PS. It's done it again on another strategy - a mistake on the Calculate Expression block and I can't even delete the block to show you. This time the mistake was A1*1 instead of A1*A2 where A1 = pipscale and A2 = 1. After I rectify the code, my strategy is destroyed!

I need to screen print it. How do I do that?

I get into the original code and it is corrupted with all connections lost.

PPS. It's worse news. The original strategy I copied the strategy that became corrupt, is itself corrupt. Very frustrating.

Can I use MQL4 in Dukascopy? I think that may be a better option.

Post subject: Re: Visual JForex Does Not Save Strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 17 Sep, 2016, 05:05 

It keeps getting stranger. The original strategy I copied the one which eventually became corrupt now looks like it has its connections and is intact.

The only other information I'd like to add is that I have another Account - Chrysos2 (opened because I thought I had to after losing a demo account) and that I use a VPN to access everything. The VPN is usually, but not always, set to my home country - Australia.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com