Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A
 Post subject: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Apr, 2013, 15:13 

User rating: 8
Dear DFC members,

Dukascopy is proud to announce a new weekly contest for those who like to combine adrenaline rush during fast moving markets after important news release with deep analytic research to correctly predict the price move after the event.

The link to the contest https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fundamental_analysis/

Please, feel free to look through the Rules of the contest and participate.

In case you have questions, ask in this topic.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2013, 13:34 

User rating: 2
Congratulations for the new contest. I have my two cents for the point system, which currently the combination of correct and incorrect predictions.
If you could rank based on total number of available predictions, attempted predictions, correct, incorrect will reflect the true standing rather than the current one, which puts some one with 6 correct and 2 incorrect below 3 correct 0 incorrect..
thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2013, 15:44 

By the way, any resuts are expected for the week ending 27th April 2013.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2013, 16:29 

Victor wrote:
By the way, any resuts are expected for the week ending 27th April 2013.

No. It was not complete week. Current week is first full week of the Contest which will be graded.

Regarding Your suggestion about ranking let me clarify that this contest is not the competition of lucky button-pushers. First and foremost it's a fundamental analysis contest. It means that You can push wrong button but Your comment could be very clever, deep and interesting. In this case You can obtain a lot of "likes" and good Dukascopy point. It will override negative impact of true market behavior on Your overall result.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 May, 2013, 03:13 

thanks for the clarification. I understand now, the competition is designed for pick and choose among the events published in order to maximise the "right" predictions and "likes".
thanks and goodluck.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 05:53 

User rating: 0
Helloo DukascopyTeam,

I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't login to the Fundamental Analysis contest anymore. I can navigate through all other contest page and it shows me that I'm login but when I go to the Fundamental Analysis it shows me that I'm logout and if I try to login in doesn't let me do so. I see that from yesterday no one has submitted any prediction so I assume that it is not just me who has this problem.

I have tried to use another browser but it's the same.

Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 18:40 

The bug is known. We work to fix it.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 22:18 

User rating: 1
Again can not login :/ (support can You vote in my name?)

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 09:07 

Daytrader21 wrote:
Helloo DukascopyTeam,

I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't login to the Fundamental Analysis contest anymore. I can navigate through all other contest page and it shows me that I'm login but when I go to the Fundamental Analysis it shows me that I'm logout and if I try to login in doesn't let me do so. I see that from yesterday no one has submitted any prediction so I assume that it is not just me who has this problem.

I have tried to use another browser but it's the same.

Thank you for your time.

Been having the same issue for 2 days and basically messed up the validity of the whole contest. Not sure how others are able to login and post predictions.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 10:04 

fxsurprise8 wrote:
Been having the same issue for 2 days and basically messed up the validity of the whole contest. Not sure how others are able to login and post predictions.

I suppose that noone can login and predictions were made earlier.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 11 May, 2013, 06:32 

Hello Support,
For the current week contest (ending 11 MAy) my rankings are number 2, but the price declaration says nothing but first and third position got prizez. Any logical reasoning (other than the * in the bottom which would negate your answer to my earlier question in this post).
Thanks in advance for prompt reply.
regards

Attachments:
result.jpg [192.92 KiB]
Downloaded 3478 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 11 May, 2013, 11:42 

Hello support
I have also noticed 13th positon and mine (2nd position) has been coloured grey and dunno what was the reason. As a mark of protest, i have decided not to participate in the next week until I get answer.
thanks and regards

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 10:03 

Hello Contest Support,
I presume, this matter doesn't interest you anymore as there is no reply so far (It's already middle of the week). As said I've not taken part in the current week contest and will do so for rest of the periods. Goodluck to other participants and to you as well.
Atleast, try to be logical to other participants and inform before changes in the contest rules.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 15:59 

It is unfair to change the rules of the game just before releasing the results. (yeah yeah Dukascopy reserves the right )

Any new rules should have been done in the begginning of the week. Besides, my predictions are done on Sunday itself for the whole week, and can not be adjusted according to the market sentiments, whereas others did.

Your earlier clarification regarding this You can push wrong button but Your comment could be very clever, deep and interesting. In this case You can obtain a lot of "likes" and good Dukascopy point. It will override negative impact of true market behavior on Your overall result.
negates your current stand or perhaps you had forgotten to put a comment that " even if you stand on top, we will invent new rules just before declaring results so that you can be eliminated".
goodluck

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 May, 2013, 09:58 

Dear Victor,

The Contest is new and we are still looking at its progress and working for its improvement. You had very nice start. We believe that You will calm down and return to contest to take a place among Top-5 players again and again.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sat 18 May, 2013, 11:53 

Dear Support.

You still do not get it.
When I read your message.
"We designed the contest, rules and place. We give money. therefore We can change the rules at our whims and fancies, frequencies and time". This is the message coming out from your answer.
Evolving, we are new, we are improving, we are looking for your support --- all are euphimism for keep quiet and participate.

The window of opportunity to correct the results are, I am afraid, closed now with your above words and I'm sorry and am completely exhausted. I see no point in participating further in this contest as down the line you can say we have changed rules so that people having nick name starting with "v" are not eligible. And, can still claim we are new and constantly evolving.

Keep it up and goodluck to you, dukas support, design and fellow community participants.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 31 May, 2013, 13:36 

User rating: 5
What happened to Week 3 results? Weeks 2 and 4 are shown, but not week 3?

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Jun, 2013, 09:47 

All works fine. Please, next time make a screenshot and send it to us via e-mail.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Jul, 2013, 21:05 

Currently I'm looking at Fundamental analysis contest and it looks like "voting contest".

I'm glad that Dukascopy developed this contest and I participate in it since beginning. I also like evaluation of points calculation which has been done in last few weeks, especially for correct, inncorrect and win/los ratio, however when I add to this comparision voting system I'm getting bit confused. I know that all of us like "like" button however I think that this "likes" have to much impact on this competition.

It doesn't matter how many good predictions you have just keep good win/loss ratio and "likes" will do the rest...

In my opinion like should be kept but it should has lower impact.

Regards,
Piter

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 08:08 

I made short statistic, data was taken few mins ago from current period and in first 20 members 70% of participants have over 50% share of votes in they total score.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com