Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A
 Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 08:35 

User rating: 1
Piter, are You jealous of nobody likes Your comments? :) Make some job to make a quality grounding of Your vote and to promote it! Then You will have more "likes" than participants who don't.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 10:38 

CommunitySupport wrote:
Piter, are You jealous of nobody likes Your comments? :) Make some job to make a quality grounding of Your vote and to promote it! Then You will have more "likes" than participants who don't.

I'm not jealous, read other comments on contest page. I just think that we lost spirit of this contest.

Contest Support wrote:
Dear DFC members,
Dukascopy is proud to announce a new weekly contest for those who like to combine adrenaline rush during fast moving markets after important news release with deep analytic research to correctly predict the price move after the event.

I thought that it is fundamental analysys contest however I can start in election contest as well ;-)

Kind regards,
Piter

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 10:48 

User rating: 0
If dukascopy team wouldnt do anything to change something regarding LIKES system i am getting out of this contest. I can have 15 correct predictions and 0 incorrect predictions, but someone with 200 likes can be above me easily :((. I suggest them to apply the same system from Trader Contest as regards popularity points

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013, 17:27 

IF You will make 15 correct and 0 incorrect predictions and give valuable explanations of Your voting You will definitely win the contest. For info: DC contest team has no plans to change current "like" system. So to participate or not to participate is up to You. Continuation of the system of Popularity points from trader contest currently is very questionable and there is high probability that it will be eliminated or at least heavily renovated during nearest months so Your example is not relevant.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A (Popularity Points) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Mar, 2014, 11:59 

Playing the fundamental Contest this week, impressed to see that 50% of the results of the contest account on the Popularity points.. seems too much for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Belikewater

Post subject: . Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 23 Sep, 2014, 12:55 

User rating: 6

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 23 Oct, 2014, 18:01 

piter44 wrote:
I made short statistic, data was taken few mins ago from current period and in first 20 members 70% of participants have over 50% share of votes in they total score.

I completly agree, its not fun to participate in a contest that the skill is the least important :(. In my opinion should be awarded a maximun of 50 points to the really interesting comments, not the ones copied from somewhere that talks about "fundamentals" when they guy is making his predictions 12 hours before the news starts.... the movement just after the news (10 min) is alot more based on the state of the market and true technicals, like liquidity places than the fundamentals.

The popularity should be maximun 25 points. There is no sense to have 20 people above me when his points are based on 80% on the popularitu points they have.

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 23 Oct, 2014, 18:23 

CommunitySupport wrote:

This response is my opinion is not very aproppiate. Some users have tried to explain their experiences with this tournament and I think both are clever. The thing is that the like system have enough weight to give the traders (who seem to have a lot of spare time) the motivation to contact other traders the same to make an agreement of the kind of "you vote mine and I vote yours" and we will do that every week. And thats the only thing!! If popularity points weight will be decreased to near 0 you will see REAL LIKES and mean nobody will like for other reason. Just a pure hearth like :)

Just an example of how silly is the current situation, look at this image:

https://screencast.com/t/KXkeyV74

And this you can find it in every prediction.

I dont know what Dukascopy wins with this system, I could understand it if the likes where from people outside Dukascopy (to attract posible new clients). I will not against if Dukascopy has his own reason to be like this, but what I will not tolerate is that you think that those likes are genuine lol, thats an insult to intelligence.

The Contest is very fun to play but the rewards you get when you see that 85% above you in ranking have done worst with their predictions is not fair.

Belikewater

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 05 Mar, 2016, 22:15 

Is this normal, that i don't see votes from ALL of users?
They give me votes and i can't "return" back some of them.
Is there some max number of votes/day?

Post subject: Re: Fundamental Analysis Contest Q&A Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Mar, 2016, 16:05 

This contest is not Fundamental analysis contest. This is a "like hunt" contest and nothing more.
Likes are still hugely over-weighted.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com