Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

NetBeans or Eclipse
 Post subject: NetBeans or Eclipse Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Mar, 2012, 17:27 

User rating: 0
Previously my Java has been very simple, the code written in Notepad++

About time I started to use an IDE, so it's either NetBeans or Eclipse. I'm leaning, slightly, towards Eclipse.

Any advice appreciated.

Post subject: Re: NetBeans or Eclipse Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Mar, 2012, 19:48 

User rating: 94
Hi Rod178:

Personally i think the choice of IDE is a personal choice. There are ocasions that one IDE have more features/tools for what we want to achieve, but in this case, they are almost the same thing, with some differences. Personally my choice is Netbeans, but i think JForex and JForex API are developed in Eclipse (or i think they was).

Best regards

Trade well and good luck

JL

Post subject: Re: NetBeans or Eclipse Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Mar, 2012, 22:31 

User rating: 1
Employers used to look for developers familiar with a specific IDE because each IDE had their own way of writing build/deploy scripts (for j2ee applications). That's usually not the case anymore (for new projects) because a lot of projects are built with Maven using its own build files. Both IDEs support Maven, so which IDE you pick is gradually turning into a personal choice, woo!

I prefer Netbeans, but Eclipse has been extremely popular with employers as you can see in this graph:

I've no idea why it got the popularity it did, for me Netbeans just does everything better and looks prettier.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com