Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

DISCUSSION: how do you analyze your trading performance? Here is my XL tool
 Post subject: DISCUSSION: how do you analyze your trading performance? Here is my XL tool Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012, 07:04 

User rating: 0
Hi fellow pip-makers.

I would like to start a discussion thread to share some knowledge and methodologies, and to help our collective learning.

HOW DO YOU ANALYZE YOUR PORTFOLIO AND TRADING PERFORMANCE?

Dukascopy provides some useful information in their various portfolio reports for live and test trading, as well as some useful information via the browser-based report for historical testing.

By this thread, I hope to create a forum to share portfolio analysis tools, and I kick off by offering the tool, I use on a daily basis.

My trading strategy development requires running thousands of scenarios in Historical Tester, and to analyze the relative performance of the promising candidates. To this extent, the tools provided by Dukascopy are inadequate, and I therefore analyze in Excel.

I use the attached spreadsheet, where I upload the historical tester transaction data (via the true & tested copy+paste from my browser) - and the spreadsheet provides me with various relevant information for my analysis.

To use my tool, you need to copy+paste the closed trades into the sheet "Trade Data", and pull the calculation cells up/down to match your number of trades; to populate your equity amount into sheet "Result" cell B19; and to refresh all pivot tables. The remainder sheets provides analytical results.

To prevent accidental overwriting, I have locked the sheets (blank password).

Disclaimer: the excel tool is my working tool - I have not beautified it, and I do not guarantee its accuracy. It is built for EURUSD use.

I hope others will share their methods or tools.

Attachments:
TEMPLATE_ANALYSIS.xlsx [230.96 KiB]
Downloaded 445 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: DISCUSSION: how do you analyze your trading performance? Here is my XL tool Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012, 10:30 

User rating: -
write an article about this in article contest, and make these efforts a win-win situation for yourself and everyone

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com