Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Renko charts (and a Range Bar question)
 Post subject: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Jan, 2012, 17:45 

User rating: 0
Hello
I use the JForex desktop platform (ver. 2.12.22 JForex API ver. 2.6.33). I have found references to Renko charts in the forums but they all seem to be in reference to technical issues and programming etc. I just want to know how to get a Renko chart up on the platform. It doesn't seem to be available as a selectable option as are Range Bars and P&F.
So, I guess I have to do something or add something extra? But what? Where do I find the info, please?
While I'm here, is there any way to increase the pip size of the Range Bars or is 10 pips the maximum?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks. :)

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Jan, 2012, 19:10 

User rating: -
Hello Friend,

For the Range Bars question I have a solution for You.
Please go to the Main Menu in J-forex/ Tools / Preferences / Period ...
There You can see a selection Range. Click on it and Imput the number of pips that You want to Have in your Constant Range Bars Charts. Then press on the ">>" button to save it in the Period Section.

Do this selection for as many setups that You need for Your Constant Range Bars Charts. (4,7,10,14,15,20,25.... pips). Remember to press the ">>" button to save them each time.

Congratulations for using the Range Bars Charts. You now have a Different view of the Markets. A succesful one if You now how to use it.

Greetings,
Doctortyby (Tiberiu)

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 18 Jan, 2012, 09:09 

Me too am wondering when the Renko charts will be on the desktop platforms. No ones seems to know.

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 18 Jan, 2012, 09:38 

Hi,
I also have problems with range bar chart. The support was so kind to code my strategy (macd/sts) for range bars, giving good results on backtests. During forward test it doesn't work. I really don't understand how is it possible, that in backtests the indicators were calculated contrary to real time tests. The code was runned for more then two hours...
Has anybody some practice about range bar codes using indicators?

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 18 Jan, 2012, 21:34 

Hi Kozsa

I had something the same happen. I think it has something to do with fact that indicators plaed on range bar charts don't update until the range bar is finished drawing. Like time charts (min, second, hour, etc) an indicator (like a MA) will move as the bar is forming. With a range chart, i found out the indicator (Like an MA) will stay not moveing and then sudddenly move into place once teh range bar has finished printing. try it and see. put two charts up (a min and a range bar) and put on an MA on both, you will see that the MA on the time base chart will move in real time but the MA on range wont move untill range bars is done printing. I think its an issue with the current API but may be fixed when new API is come out.

Singh.

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 19 Jan, 2012, 03:08 

Thanks for the various replies and observations. :)

#Doctortyby - I can't see any way to input values into the Range Bar settings other than the predefined values given in the drop down list. This only goes up to "10 pips". Thanks anyway.

Post subject: Re: Renko charts (and a Range Bar question) Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 19 Jan, 2012, 10:17 

Hi Singh,
Thank, I will try it.
Kosza

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com