Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Back Testing questions
 Post subject: Back Testing questions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Nov, 2011, 10:01 

User rating: -
I have a question about back testing in Jforex. I'm currently using MT4 and dont like how it interpolates between the OHLC data and makes up its own ticks. Obviously this can cause accuracy issues.
You can import tick data into MT4 and use it for back testing but its a hack that people have created and I'm not happy with it. Can you import the historical tick data from dukascopy site (https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... istorical/) and use this in Jforex for back testing?

Post subject: Re: Back Testing questions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Nov, 2011, 11:17 

User rating: 0
Hi PAG, the back testing in Jforex very simple with the historical tester, no need import or convert all ticks data everything in the tester...

Bye

Post subject: Re: Back Testing questions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Nov, 2011, 16:43 

User rating: 8
PAG wrote:
I have a question about back testing in Jforex. I'm currently using MT4 and dont like how it interpolates between the OHLC data and makes up its own ticks. Obviously this can cause accuracy issues.
You can import tick data into MT4 and use it for back testing but its a hack that people have created and I'm not happy with it. Can you import the historical tick data from dukascopy site (https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... istorical/) and use this in Jforex for back testing?

Tick historical data is available in the JForex historical tester by default. No need to upload it separately.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com