Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

2 percent limitation question
 Post subject: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011, 03:19 

User rating: -
what does this rule actually mean -

"Take profit and Stop Loss levels should not exceed 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD. Limits for the rest instruments recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule". E.g. Limits for AUD/JPY=(EUR/USD Points/AUD/JPY Points)*2%=1/1.74*2=1.15%; for EUR/NOK=(EUR/USD Points/EUR/NOK Points)*2%=1/0.17*2=11.76%, etc."

Post subject: Re: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011, 13:31 

hello

in the rule of the contest N°8 you have these

"Take profit and Stop Loss levels should not exceed 2% from the opening price for EUR/USD. Limits for the rest instruments recalculating each settlement according to "Pip Conversion Schedule". E.g. Limits for AUD/JPY=(EUR/USD Points/AUD/JPY Points)*2%=1/1.74*2=1.15%; for EUR/NOK=(EUR/USD Points/EUR/NOK Points)*2%=1/0.17*2=11.76%, etc."

it mean that you SL and TP should not exceed the 2% from your balance or equities. so The Dukascopy team have implented that system to control that you follow the rules

cheers

Post subject: Re: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Aug, 2011, 11:19 

Dukascopy,

How can the user https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/?action=blog&trader=money_k place trades on AU with 1000 pip stop?

I can't place such trades. Why the difference..?

Post subject: Re: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 28 Aug, 2011, 21:45 

I'm not quite familiar with that 2% (maybe because English is not my first language. Does this 2% ment by equity level or just the actual price difference? If my Equity level is 100.000$ and I want to trade EURUSD at price 1.45, what this 2% will mean, I can risk/reward 2.000$ on single trade or just the SL and TP should be 1.45*1,02 or 1,45*0,98?

Post subject: Re: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011, 21:26 

User rating: 8
concernedSoul wrote:
Dukascopy,

How can the user https://www.dukascopy.com/tradercontest/?action=blog&trader=money_k place trades on AU with 1000 pip stop?

I can't place such trades. Why the difference..?

This case was obviously a result of system's violation. The user has already been disqualified.

Post subject: Re: 2 percent limitation question Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011, 21:28 

User rating: 8
Guest wrote:
I'm not quite familiar with that 2% (maybe because English is not my first language. Does this 2% ment by equity level or just the actual price difference? If my Equity level is 100.000$ and I want to trade EURUSD at price 1.45, what this 2% will mean, I can risk/reward 2.000$ on single trade or just the SL and TP should be 1.45*1,02 or 1,45*0,98?

The basis for the 2% deviation's calculation is the current price of the instrument (currency pair). There is no connection to the equity level of the trader. Anyone may open positions with SL/TP deviating from the current price in the same amounts, irrespectively of what their current equity balance is.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com