Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Call VolumeWAP2 from strategy
 Post subject: Call VolumeWAP2 from strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 17 Oct, 2023, 20:55 

User rating: 0
Good evening.

How do I call the VWAP2 indicator from strategy and pass the parameter for a daily reset (default: 4h)?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Luke

Post subject: Re: Call VolumeWAP2 from strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 18 Oct, 2023, 21:03 

User rating: 0
Good evening

I did some extensive research in the forum and API docs.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution to set the optional parameters, located on the advanced tab, from strategy. There is one option to change them via the IChartPanelAdd Method, but that doesn't help in my case.

e.g.
https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=54574&p=89798&hilit=indicator+advanced#p89798

https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=57491&p=95681&hilit=indicator+advanced#p95681

I noticed that in earlier versions of the indicator call methods actually was the possibility to change those base periods, e.g. for pivot indicators. But those are all deprecated. Are there plans to add this functionality back as it is quite important in the case of VWAP and others as well?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Luke

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com