Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Visual mode testing too slow when in position
 Post subject: Visual mode testing too slow when in position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 May, 2020, 00:24 

User rating: 1
Hello, there is something that doesn't seem normal when I'm using the Historical Tester in visual mode.
When I test my strategy without visual mode, it takes about 7min.
When I test it in visual mode, 2h.
In visual mode and commenting just the submitOrder lines so it doesn't trade, about 20min (it draws differents elements on the chart).

It's not the first time I noticed that once a position is open the speed of the test in visual mode drops, but this time I really think there is an underlying problem, because yesterday with the same strategy I was able to test in visual with trades at about the same speed as without trades taken.
I didn't deleted the cache.

Post subject: Re: Visual mode testing too slow when in position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 21 May, 2020, 17:46 

User rating:
Greetings.

Visual mode itself is slower way of historical test.
Displaying positions, orders and chart dynamics are additional processes loading the platform.
You can turn off displaying of Open Positions, Closed Positions and Pending Orders to speed up the process.

Regards.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com