Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused
 Post subject: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2019, 08:08 

User rating: 0
Hi,
I want to hire a coder to help me do stuff like
- modify indicators
- create some alerts
- Automatic entries based on indicator

I love Dukascopy and Jforex, but the main challenge with this platform is that it doesn't have much in terms of resources. The community is not as active as with other platforms.

Can anyone give me some advise/tips on how to go about hiring a coder?

- Does dukascopy have a community of coders who I can hire?
- If i needed to hire one from a coder website, what language programmer should I ask for? Would a Java expert be able to easily work with Jforex or would it be a challenge for him/her?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2019, 17:59 

User rating: 21
Hi,

1) you could find JForex programmers including me at
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/members/?user=&country=0&spoken_language=&services=program_service
2) In order to let the programmer quote you a budget price, you should send him/her a detailed description or an extended example.
3) A good specification should be the foundation for your software development. A specification is a very helpful document for you and the programmer. Once you both understand the concept 100%, it will be the successful interface between you and the technical (sometimes cryptic) programming world. There is another advantage: when the project is finished you could compare the result with the planned description.
The specification could be written by you or by the programmer.

Hope this helps

Bernhard

Post subject: Re: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 12 May, 2019, 14:15 

User rating: 0
Hi
Thanks for the response.
Is it expensive? Are there free community options?

For the larger more complex automatic trading, I will definitely have to pay up.

But I have a few minor indicator ideas that shouldnt be much work. Where can I get assistance with those?

Post subject: Re: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 13:57 

Hi,

most Forex programmers are way cheaper than employed computer scientists holding an university degree.
But please consider if they do this work for living it also cost some money.
For a programmer it does not make sense, doing a programming job 1 week for € 500 while living at expensive places such as big cities in UK, Germany or Switzerland.
But once you spend some more money, the developer is happy, works for your project only and you should get a great product.
Even a simple indicator project could take a day at least.
I don't know people who would do this for free.
When you find somebody, please let me know. I have lots of work for her or him. ;)

Kind regards

Bernhard

Post subject: Re: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 04 Aug, 2019, 05:56 

User rating: 2
My two cents:

I have successfully hired coders for Jforex projects using the upwork.com webpage.
Cheers

Francisco

Post subject: Re: Want to hire a coder - Jforex - Confused Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Aug, 2019, 10:29 

Hi,

be careful with coders from these platforms.
Here is an experience video report about upwork and freelancer
https://quantlabs.net/blog/2019/08/how-t ... ancer-com/

Cheers

Bernhard

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com