Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

JForex wiki development documentation has errors!
 Post subject: JForex wiki development documentation has errors! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Jan, 2019, 04:49 

User rating: 0
Guys, knowing already that Java is a dense environment with a steep learning curve for those who don't have the experience you have with it, don't you think that perhaps maintaining the documentation so that it doesn't contain errors would be priority number 1?

I am studying the wiki to learn what all these classes, methods and their params mean and when compiling a test indicator within JF, the compiler generate this error:

Cannot enable indicator, getDefaultValue of description for optional input parameter with index [0] returns value that is not in range of getMin and getMax

The culprit:

optInputParameterInfos = new OptInputParameterInfo[] {
            new OptInputParameterInfo("Timeframe", OptInputParameterInfo.Type.OTHER,
                new IntegerRangeDescription(1, 1440, 60, 1))
        };

On this wiki page: https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/en/devel ... escription under section OptInputParameterInfo it is clearly written:

Quote:
DoubleRangeDescription and IntegerRangeDescription

Same as with list, this two descriptions differs only with type of parameter. They describe some range of possible parameter values. Range descriptions have five attributes:

min - minimum allowed value
max - maximum allowed value
defaultValue - default value, must be in range between min and max
precision - how much numbers should be left after decimal dot
suggestedIncrement - increment to use in spinners. Defines value for how much currently showing value will be increased when user pushes up or down arrow

The order of the params is: min, max, defaultValue, suggestedIncrement, which is the order I used. But noooo, the compiler thinks otherwise! WTF is going on here!?

Eventually after wasting time I don't have on this, and more time trying to unearth where the API Javadocs could be hiding, I find this at https://www.dukascopy.com/client/javado ... ption.html :

Quote:
IntegerRangeDescription

public IntegerRangeDescription(int defaultValue,
int min,
int max,
int suggestedIncrement)

Creates object and sets all the fields

Parameters:
defaultValue - default value, that is user if used doesn't set optional input
min - minimal value
max - maximal value
suggestedIncrement - suggested step to change this input

Notice something different!?

Please, for the love of God, have someone look over the wiki and fix egregious mistakes like this one as the wiki is the first destination of anyone new to this environment. No need to add more pain. The essential info is already difficult enough to find and I mean, one has to dig through various articles to find other links that connect to important stuff. Couldn't you put, for example, the Javadocs and the JF API links in plain view in a Resource section of the table of content, or somewhere where it is easily noticed?

I am also griping about this because as I was going through the Forum's Knowledgebase, wading through countless posts only to find broken links to various wiki pages supposed to contain answers to my questions. Even when searching on the wiki using some of the URL keywords wouldn't return pertinent pages.

So, in conclusion, I hope someone starts cleaning this up and organizing it better.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com