Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

How can I run a multi-crrency strategy on a live server?
 Post subject: How can I run a multi-crrency strategy on a live server? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Jul, 2009, 04:13 

User rating: 0
So I have a demo account now that I am using to acquaint myself with java and jForex and to develop my strategy, but the demo is limited to EUR/USD only and my strategy requires a live price feed for all currencies. In the demo when I run my strategy it only operates on EUR/USD (I do not filter anything by the instrument in my code). This is understandable since the demo is restricted to only EUR/USD, but now I have no way of knowing how my strategy will work on multiple currencies.

So my question is, when I start a strategy on a live server, does that strategy get sent ticks/bars for ALL currencies? I do not see any way of selecting which currenecy to run the strategy on, so I am assuming that the way jForex is designed is that each strategy is run on all currencies at the same time, unless there is code in the strategy which acts as a filter to only operate on specific currency pairs. Is this true?

Post subject: Re: How can I run a multi-crrency strategy on a live server? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Jul, 2009, 11:22 

User rating:
Hello,
There is no such restriction in DEMO, you just need to add currency you want by right clicking on "Currencies" in workspace tree.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com