Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Mysterious trades
 Post subject: Mysterious trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 14 Feb, 2009, 05:46 

User rating: 0
Hi there!

I have been testing a strategy for a while now and what I noticed is that, if a position is left overnight on friday, some trades starting "jf" are opened automatically. These trades were NOT opened by my strategy. I'm guessing that these trades were opened by JForex itself but why?? Are these trades meant to hedge the other positions over the weekend to prevent losses???

Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Mysterious trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 16 Feb, 2009, 01:46 

User rating: 0
I see something similar when a trade starts to go south and if the equity is severly affected. I'm sure JForex opens multiple positions of the opposite direction but why? Is it to save the credit line OR to maintain Leverage at/below 100% ?? Please help me understand this...

Post subject: Re: Mysterious trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 16 Feb, 2009, 16:15 

User rating:
When your Leverage reaches 200% (default value), Dukascopy opens opposite orders to bring UoL back to 100%

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com