Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Strange - equity changing unnecessarily...
 Post subject: Strange - equity changing unnecessarily... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009, 09:37 

User rating: 0
This is so weird. I was testing my script and it opened a couple of positions in accordance with its internal logic. However, after an hour when it closed all the positions, the Equity of the account kept changing and onAccount was being triggered almost every second even though ALL POSITIONS and orders were CLOSED.

Can someone give me an idea as to why this might be happening????

Post subject: Re: Strange - equity changing unnecessarily... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009, 12:11 

User rating:
Was you testing your strategy on real-time platform or in historical tester?
If it was real-time platform, then was there anything in Position Summary?

Post subject: Re: Strange - equity changing unnecessarily... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009, 15:51 

User rating: 0
Thanx for responding so soon. I was testing it in real-time, not historical tester. And there was not a single position open... nothing under Orders or Position summary. Any idea what it could be?

Post subject: Re: Strange - equity changing unnecessarily... Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009, 16:30 

User rating:
Ok, this is not weird at all :) When you close your order, you get some profit or loss.
This P/L can be in different currency than your account currency. Money from your account will be withdrawn or added at 21GMT at Settlement ("end of day" procedure).
For example, if you have profit JPY 2000 at 12:00 GMT, it is USD 20. But, it can be USD 25 at 21:00 GMT. To show you actual equity, we recalculate P/L to USD (or to your account currency) during the day.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com