Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Accessing other instruments from within strategy
 Post subject: Accessing other instruments from within strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Jan, 2009, 15:09 

User rating: 3
It is possible to activate multiple currencies and then run a strategy.
This leads onTick to be triggerd for every currency that is in the active currency list.

I would like to access other currency's ticks and bars arbitrarily during the strategy-run.
As these instruments might be used only once in a while during a strategy run, I'm wondering, if there is a way to access them without having to add them to the list of active instruments.
This would reduce the number of messages to receive and thus increase performance and save bandwidth on both ends.

Can this be accomplished using the IHistory.readTicks/readBars-methods or do the instruments have to be active for using these methods?

Best, R.

Post subject: Re: Accessing other instruments from within strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Jan, 2009, 17:12 

User rating:
There is two sources of history - formed from incoming ticks and loaded from historical server.
if not signed for instrument you have access to historical server data only.

Post subject: Re: Accessing other instruments from within strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Jan, 2009, 18:00 

User rating:
Even without looking in the sources i can say that getBar functions with shift == 0 will not work, but have to look closer if we can change something for other functions and other shift values

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com