Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

How to run the API program in the demo account?
 Post subject: Getting started with JForex API Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 22 Nov, 2008, 00:25 

User rating: -
I would really like to start using the JForex API and develop some automated trading systems, but I don't know where to start.
The link to the JavaDocs of the API alone won't let me create a working system. Where can I get the packages and how do I implement the compiled java source files?

Another questions I got:
I have only a demo version that will expire in 2 weeks. But that's definitaly too short to get used to the trading platform and JForex. Is there a possibility to get a loner testing period?

I study computer science and am experienced in developing with Java. Beside that, I have also some experience with developing trading systems in MQL for MetaTrader 4. Only problem ist, that I have no clue where to get started. Any help welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Post subject: Re: Getting started with JForex API Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 24 Nov, 2008, 10:06 

User rating:
Please take a look at the provided examples at https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7
A strategy can be written in built-in JForex editor or in any Java IDE. To write a startegy in the IDE, please take a look at this solution https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=170
You may register a new DEMO account in 2 weeks, at the expiration. To have a permanent DEMO account, please speak to your accounting manager.

Post subject: How to run the API program in the demo account? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Dec, 2008, 13:09 

User rating: -
After we test it using the history data,could we run it on the demo account?

Post subject: Re: How to run the API program in the demo account? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Dec, 2008, 16:43 

User rating:
Yes, sure.
Just right mouse click on Services branch in Workspace tree and select "Open Service". Attach your strategy to the tree. Right mouse click on the attached startegy and select Run.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com