Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Simple Strategy
 Post subject: Simple Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008, 22:06 

User rating: -
Hi,

I have to admit first to be clueless about programming, however, I am interested in having an automated trading strategy since I am not able to be tarding full time at the moment.

My strategy is very simple:

Enter into a position at a certain price X and subsequently going long(short) when spot price goes above(below) X, in this case I would only have the risk of slippage (which I can reduce by not trading the news) and paying the spread/commissions if there was a lot of volatility around price X.

I would like to ask first if that was possible to achieve on JForex through an automated strategy?

Second, I have no IT background but I am however numerate and have built Excel models for M & A deals in the past, do I stand a chance of learning basic programming that useful to my trading strategy in a a few months on my own? And if so, where to start?

I would appreciate your help and excuse my ignorance about automated trading if I sounded naive, I am just starting out.

Post subject: Re: Simple Strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008, 09:52 

User rating:
Hi,
abrahamoz wrote:
I would like to ask first if that was possible to achieve on JForex through an automated strategy?

Yes, it is definitely possible!
abrahamoz wrote:
Second, I have no IT background but I am however numerate and have built Excel models for M & A deals in the past, do I stand a chance of learning basic programming that useful to my trading strategy in a a few months on my own? And if so, where to start?

Yes, it is possible to learn Java language in a few months at the level enough to write simple strategies. Depend on how much time do you want to spend on learning, trying, writing simple examples etc, but Java is quite simple comparing to C++ for example and still is very powerful language. We would recommend to start with some book about Java basics.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com