Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

How to Move strategies from a computer to another
 Post subject: How to Move strategies from a computer to another Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Sep, 2008, 15:12 

User rating: 0
i wish to transfer i strategy that i wrote to another person's computer. I want to send him the compile version rather then the text file. Is it possible to do this and where would he put the compile strategy so that the platform can see it? My friend has an XP windos OS. I have a Vista operating systems and the location of the strategy file in vista is C:\Users\qbo\Documents\My Strategies ...i dont think this is the location my friend should put the compile file?? is it?

Post subject: Re: How to Move strategies from 1 computer to another Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Sep, 2008, 09:10 

User rating:
You will have compiled version in your My Strategies directory with .jfx extension. You can give it, instead of source code. "Open Strategy" dialog opens My Documents\My Strategy directory by default, but your friend can put the strategy in any directory.

On WinXP My Documents directory usually resides in c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents, but if you have non-English version of windows or if the computer is part of the domain, it can be in some other place. You can always find what is your My Documents location by clicking right mouse button on Start->My Documents, choosing Properties and there it will be in "Target folder location" field.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com